calling IIO

sk446

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I am planning to call IIO since I have not heard anything about my case (RD 8/7/01).
My lawyer said we should not call them since the offical dates are 4/1/01.
But I've ingroned the lawyers advise and tried calling NSC. IT is always busy.
Can someone who has spoken to IIO tell me what the best time to call them is?
Thanks

-sk:confused:

Here is my experience...

This is what I did..
My receipt date was 8/13/02 and my ND 9/13/02 .. I called Nebraska Friday the 11th of october, I called about Noon, and got the phone answered right away... A VERY nice lady answered, and I VERY politely and nicely asked her a couple of questions about change of address and about renewing my eads.... then after she answered my questions, I asked her indirectly ... "By the way my receipt from INS says that the I485 takes from 360 to 390 days... I am in the 420th day, do you think you can check and see whats going on with my case.. " She was very nice and checked it and told me my case was with an officer and that I should get an answer within 30 days... and I did get an approval last friday night online and via voice... Approval Date 10/18/02...
I guess I was lucky and got a nice lady who told me the truth...
I think a few cases are still hanging from april and the like...but the bulk of them are from late july, august and a few of september.... JUST PRAY THAT YOURS DOES NOT FALL ON THE INS LIMBO...
DISCLAIMER:
NONE OF THIS IS MEANT TO BE LEGAL ADVISE, OR SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH... ALL CASES ARE DIFFERENT and I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY OR NOW ANYTHING ABOUT IMMIGRATION OR HOW THE INS WORKS...!!! IF YOU DO TAKE ANY ADVISE YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE....

Rd 8/7/2001 Nd 9/18/2001 got approved

Rd 8/7/2001 Nd 9/18/2001 got approved on 10/17/2002 per online status and AVM.

sk446 and anyone who is still waiting for approval, your cases will be approved soon. I think it really depends on the workload of the officer whom your case was assigned to.

Good luck to everyone!

Keep calling them during the Day time (11-2).
Press redial -> Hear the busy tone -> Press redial ..........
Repeat it!