Calling CIS regarding Biometrics App.

ccordova624

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I was woundering if I should call USCIS regarding my Biometrics (code 3)?
The thing is that my sister and I filed our AOS at the same time and our approval asylums are just days apart. Our files were in NSC, then the files were transferred to TSC (we received transfer letters dated in the same day)...later, we received RFIs (letters dated in the same day)... so everything we were doing it together.... (We live in different addresses, and our asylums are separate/individual although the same basis)

BUT... a few months back my sister received a Biometric (code 3) appointment... but I didnt. I waited more than a month after she received her appointment... and I still did not receive it.

Should I call CIS 800# and ask them if they send me a Bio appointment? maybe I never receive it. Our lawyer also never received my BIO appointment. They did received my sister's bio.

What should I do?
Should I just wait? or call TSC to find out?

I know in our cases we had some problems with the G-28, and the lawyer was not logged on in our cases... and we never received the first RFI, we had to call and correct the G-28 and then they resent the RFI and we received.

So I am worried that I didn't receive my bio appointment and I may miss a deadline and CIS would consider my case abandoned.

Any similar experiences? Should I call them? Or I am worrying too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bio code 3

hi,
i think you should not worry about it. they will send letter bio for you . they just received your RFI today. i would suggest you you wait . in my case they send letter for bio after two month they received mu RFI.

ND 09/2003
RFI Received by USCIS on 01/03/2006
BIO Schedule 03/18/2003

Calling them does not hurt you or your case. You will lose NOTHING by calling them except for a few minutes of your time. For your BIO letter to be lost in the mail is a possible scenario, it is not unlikely, so since this worried you, I say call them to make yourself feel better if for nothing else

clotty said:
Calling them does not hurt you or your case. You will lose NOTHING by calling them except for a few minutes of your time. For your BIO letter to be lost in the mail is a possible scenario, it is not unlikely, so since this worried you, I say call them to make yourself feel better if for nothing else

Thank you for your responses "Clotty" and "D1_Asylee",

I know I don't have to worry but my first RFI was lost in the mail in January, and I had to call them to resend it... then... they messed up with the G-28 and that makes me feel like ... maybe it got lost....

I am going to call on Monday and see what they tell me... I will post in the afternoon...

Thanks!

ccordova624 said:

I know I don't have to worry but my first RFI was lost in the mail in January, and I had to call them to resend it... then... they messed up with the G-28 and that makes me feel like ... maybe it got lost....

I am going to call on Monday and see what they tell me... I will post in the afternoon...

Thanks!

hi ccordova624,
i have a little bit silly question. I tried to reach uscis on friday, but could't go beyound the options. could you share your experience after calling them how you reach a representative. i tried calling them twice, but i got lost. i tried the option to check your status, and ask questions as usual(#6, i think), but the system returned me to the main menu. i am waiting for my rfi which doesn't come...

ccordova624 said:

Thanks!
Today I called TSC, and I inquired about my Biometrics, and the lady told me to make a INFOPASS appointment and to take two passport photos to the appointment and that they will take my fingerprints....
I did the appointment already.... but I didnt know that I could get fingerprinted on a infopass appointment...

ltsanis said:
hi ccordova624,
i have a little bit silly question. I tried to reach uscis on friday, but could't go beyound the options. could you share your experience after calling them how you reach a representative. i tried calling them twice, but i got lost. i tried the option to check your status, and ask questions as usual(#6, i think), but the system returned me to the main menu. i am waiting for my rfi which doesn't come...

The way I always do it is this way:
#1 for English
#2 Pending cases
#6 Info about your case
#1 (if you know ur receipt #)
#1 (to confirm ur receipt number)
press # to go to the next step...
then... you will be connected....

Hi,
How do you call TSC? My number start with LIN, so when I called the 800 number, I was connected to LIN center. Could you please tell me how to call TSC? Thanks,
Asylee2003

TSC with LIN#

asylee2003 said:
Hi,
How do you call TSC? My number start with LIN, so when I called the 800 number, I was connected to LIN center. Could you please tell me how to call TSC? Thanks,
Asylee2003

Asylee2003,
The way I do it is I use the SRCxxx Receipt number of one of my family members and I get connect it to TSC. Once the IO picks up the phone he will ask you for the receipt number again and you will give your LIN#...

It has always worked for me....
Hope this helps

I used your method to call the USCIS, and replaced LIN with SRC, BINGO, it is another case which already approved. Then I followed your instruction, until it says there is no representative for the service center you called, your call now is transferred to national calling center... Then I waited for about 10 minutes before hang up.

ccordova624 said:
Asylee2003,
The way I do it is I use the SRCxxx Receipt number of one of my family members and I get connect it to TSC. Once the IO picks up the phone he will ask you for the receipt number again and you will give your LIN#...

It has always worked for me....
Hope this helps

amtbooks said:
I used your method to call the USCIS, and replaced LIN with SRC, BINGO, it is another case which already approved. Then I followed your instruction, until it says there is no representative for the service center you called, your call now is transferred to national calling center... Then I waited for about 10 minutes before hang up.

Amtbooks,

Try to call the 800# early in the morning. Because if you live in the west coast by the time you call the service center, it maybe closed for the day.

What I do is I call around 8AM pst and I always get a live person in TSC in less than 3minutes waiting time.

Try it...

Just got connected to TSC, the old lady who answered the phone said that they already have my biometrics in file; when I told her that it is coded "bio1" not "bio3" that requires for GC purpose, she said she has no idea what the difference is, and they will notify me if they need anything else.

Oh well, seems that I have to wait.

amtbooks said:
Just got connected to TSC, the old lady who answered the phone said that they already have my biometrics in file; when I told her that it is coded "bio1" not "bio3" that requires for GC purpose, she said she has no idea what the difference is, and they will notify me if they need anything else.

Oh well, seems that I have to wait.

amtbooks,

Could you please tell me how did you manage to talk with TSC having a number starting with LINxxxL
I am in the same position as you with LINxxxx and case tranfered to TSC.

Thanks

Juxhin
ND 3/2002
Case transfered to TSC 8/2005
BIO/RFI received by TSC 10/2005

Just replaced LIN with SRC, maybe I were lucky enough to have a corredoning case starting with SRC.

juxhin said:
amtbooks,

Could you please tell me how did you manage to talk with TSC having a number starting with LINxxxL
I am in the same position as you with LINxxxx and case tranfered to TSC.

Thanks

Juxhin
ND 3/2002
Case transfered to TSC 8/2005
BIO/RFI received by TSC 10/2005