Calling an IIO is such a pain

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
I need suggestions. I've tried calling IIO's 3 times now. The only reason I've wanted to call them is that I haven't for the past 6 months, and I wanna make sure that my online/avm status is actually true.

Everytime I call, I am on hold for apprx one hour, after which I loose patience get mad and put the phone down. Swear, I'll never call them, but a month later I'm trying again.

Mostly I've called after 4 PM.

When you did actually get to talk to INS IDIOT OFFICER, what time did you call? In other words, what is the best time to call? I know they are supposed to be there till 7 PM, but I seriously doubt they are actually there. I once was on hold from 5 to 7 straight 2 hours, when the message changed to .. sorry no one's there bye bye. (ARRGHH).

Anyways, I had another idea, would it help to get a spanish speaking person talk to a spanish IIO? I mean hopefully those are not such assholes.

i called abt 1.5 months ago to change my address. i kept getting busy signals for 20 minutes, and after the phone was connected, i was put onhold for about 20 minutes. then an IIO picked up the phone.

Try Monday 9.30 AM

I tried on Monday 9.30 AM two times and got IIO with in 2 ring

Hopefully it work out for you also

Silly Man,

I've got the same pain this morning when I called IIO. 10 min before 7:0am I connected to CSC and at about 7:01am I tried to contact with an IIO. I got this message "Currently reps are busy helping others, it will take more than 10 mins.......". Until 7:40am no one picked up my phone and the always the same message. I hanged up this phone at that time.

Seems no IIos at that time, even though CSC claims their working time is from 7:0am to 7:0pm. No idea how to handle it, just want to share the same pain with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A month back I called and I got an IIO within 20 minutes. I called around 2:30pm Pacific time.

But, 15 days back I called and I was on hold for around 50 mts and no one came and I hanged up.

After the Online status check, may be they have reduced staff to attend phone calls. It is getting worser nowdays when trying to talk to IIOs in CSC.

It sucks I know

Two days back on Tuesday, I called CSC AVM & tried to get an IIO. I got connected only after trying for 20 minutes & then was put on hold for abother 20 minutes after which an IIO lady finally came.

I wanted to get my address changed. She patiently took the address correctly and re-checked with me again. When I asked her when will my case be approved. She gave stndard answer that currently there are processing Nov 19 2001, this way it shall be within next SIX months.

She confirmed that all the background checks & FP report from FBI are clear and it is waiting to be picked.

God only knows when it will be picked.

She said Nov 19? JIT is Oct 19th. Man .. what are these people smoking .. they need to share it with us.