Called VSC

LIBDAY

Registered Users (C)
Called VSC on Friday, thought I would post my experience here.

Mine is an April 2002 EB2 case. All background check completed according to senator and AILA, 3rd FP done March 28.

The VSC rep told me the case is with an officer, but refused to give an estimated date (VSC told senator's office b/w 30 - 60 days, told AILA 15- 30 days).

I requested for an expited processing. The rep said delay in cases like mine are not qualified for expeditition, and that the June 2004 processing date simply means they are processing cases "up to" that date.

My question is, and would appreciate any response from gurus, that I need to travel out of the country at the end of June and my AP has long expired, do i still have enough time to apply and get an AP, or should I wait for the GC approval? I did the biometrics for 3rd FP. Simply, how much longer do i have to wait for GC and how long does AP take nowadays? And for AP, which is faster? E-filing or paper? many thanks.

I am in the same boat..
but EB2 - RD Jan'03 and ND Mar'03, NO RFE and NO APPROVAL so far...

As of Mar'23rd file was with Adjudicating office(known from congressmen office). Don't know how long will this take..

Have same plans, travel to INDIA.

LIBDAY,
Do you think it is safe to travel at this final stage?? Any disadvantages?
What will be the situation if the case is denied, can we come back on AP?
I think you might have some verification about this..Any input is appreciated..
If not Primary applicant, how safe is for dependent to travel?

Do u think EB2 cases take longer than EB3?

PendingGC1 said:
I am in the same boat..
but EB2 - RD Jan'03 and ND Mar'03, NO RFE and NO APPROVAL so far...

As of Mar'23rd file was with Adjudicating office(known from congressmen office). Don't know how long will this take..

Have same plans, travel to INDIA.

LIBDAY,
Do you think it is safe to travel at this final stage?? Any disadvantages?
What will be the situation if the case is denied, can we come back on AP?
I think you might have some verification about this..Any input is appreciated..
If not Primary applicant, how safe is for dependent to travel?

Do u think EB2 cases take longer than EB3?

I think it's safe to travel if you have a valid AP. As to the risk of denial during travel, it's a risk but very minimal, unless you suspect there is something wrong with your case that may trigger a rejection. I am not sure if this really happens you would be denied re-entry, because you still can file a MTR, and since the process has not been completed, I would suspect they would still allow you to re-enter.

In my case, EB2 certainly takes much longer than most of the EB3 cases I have seen, but in theory it shouldn't be like this, because even though there is quota retrictions on EB3, none has been reported for EB2.

recent AP approval

I and my wife applied for our 3rd AP on 4/5/05 or so. My wife's AP was approved on 5/2/05. I am still waiting for mine.
I would suggest you apply for AP immediately. Later on you ask for expedite processing of AP if you have some family emergency.
Preferable to travel with valid AP.

Hi, Libday

I am EB2 Sept 02 and I just got FBI email saying they completed their reveiw. So it seems take longer

One Q,can you tell me how you reach VAC?Thanks

blueking said:
Hi, Libday

I am EB2 Sept 02 and I just got FBI email saying they completed their reveiw. So it seems take longer

One Q,can you tell me how you reach VAC?Thanks

There has been multiple postings on this subject. Do a search and you can find a more detailed description.

Basically, what you do is to enter your EAC #, choose case status, and choose the option to go to the next step, and then choose the option where it says if you have multiple petitions that have been separated, then you will be connected to VSC.

Good luck.