Called VSC today.

Priya Desai

Hi all,
Some good news to get through the week. Called VSC today(8:30a am) and spoke with an IIO officer.
She said that my case is under review and I should hear some thing in 2-3 weeks ..at the most 30 days . Even if you take that with a bag of salt...It is still heart lifting . And it is atleast consistent with what was told to virginia.

My particulars:
  EB-1,ND=Feb17,1999
FP=Dec 29,1999(Boston)
Priya

No Title

I\'m kinda surprised to read your posting for 2 reasons:
1. From the other postings, it sounds like VSC is currently processing (late) December 98 cases
2. My I-485 ND is 2/8/99!!

If it is true, I\'m totally thrilled, since I\'m assuming they gotta be processing mine as well!!
[I\'m auto-redial mode right now, trying to get in touch with an IIO, VSC!!]

Thanks for the info!
Could you please post your RD? Thanks.

No Title

Let us konw what the IIO says @VSC. My Receipt Date Apr 10,2000 and Notice Date is May 03,2000. Case is EB-2 INDIA, Regular Labor type. Looke like there is hope for the same.

(DG)

No Title

Wellp, 2 pieces of info I got... after speaking to the IIO,VSC
1. Still, they are processing mid-Dec cases.
2. Another interesting thing I thought was that, they seem to look at "Received Date" (& not Notice date) She corrected me and said that they should be getting to my paperwork in 2-3 weeks, and when I said, "wow Feb 8, 99 in a few weeks", she said, "no, your RD is Jan 20th, 99"
Observations:
1. the cases that they are processing now are mid-Dec RD (not ND)
2. Obviously they maintain different stacks for diff categories of EB (Priya\'s EB1, mine EB2).. God knows!!!

I hope someone would clarify #2 with an IIO directly and post it here..

No Title

Is your PD current? does PD really mater at all during the whole process, let\'s say two people have same RD and different PD, who is going to be process earlier or same time?

No Title

I called VSC 2 days ago, and was told that both EB1 and EB2 are being processed at the same speed. My ND 3/99 EB1, and I have 4-6 months to go. (even though Dec 98 are being processed)
I cannot explain a spread in approvals. I think that "EB1 goes faster" is a coinsidence. One need to collect a high number of observations to reach a statistically significant conclusion...

No Title

I think the reason why it might take 4-6 months for 04/99 cases could be that the quota might be over sometime in the next 2 months. They
would then have to wait till October, which would be 4 months from now.

Hopefully, VSC functions for the next 2 months efficiently to clear atleast the backlogs before 03/99.

No Title

I think the reason why it might take 4-6 months for 04/99 cases could be that the quota for this year might be over between sometime from now, and August. They would then have to wait till October, which would be 4 months from now.

Hopefully, VSC functions for the next 2 months efficiently to clear atleast the backlogs before 03/99.

No Title

I think the reason why it might take 4-6 months for 04/99 cases could be that the quota for this year might be over between sometime from now, and August. They would then have to wait till October, which would be 4 months from now.

Hopefully, VSC functions efficiently for the next 2 months from now to clear atleast the backlogs before 03/99, RD.

No Title

Hopefully, VSC functions efficiently for the next 2 months from now to clear atleast the backlogs before 03/99 RD.

No Title

I-485 EB2: PD-7/1/97, RD-1/20/99, ND-2/8/99 FP-6/1/99 (local INS: Hartford)

When I called VSC early this week, they said it\'ll take 3-4 months.
When I called again yesterday, I was told "we should get to it in a few weeks.." and she made a reference to my RD, not ND.

You\'re right, more observations are required to reach a significant conclusion.
Thanks for your info..

No Title

I-485 EB2: PD-7/1/97, RD-1/20/99, ND-2/8/99 FP-6/1/99 (local INS: Hartford)

I noted EB category as a variable; the other variable I notice is the local office; Priya\'s was Boston, mine Hartford,CT.. and I\'ve noticed so many postings here about diff procedure happening with Baltimore cases.. (is Baltimore regional or local?) Anyway, who knows..

When I called VSC early this week, they said it\'ll take 3-4 months.
When I called again yesterday, I was told "we should get to it in a few weeks.." and she made a reference to my RD, not ND.

You\'re right, more observations are required to reach a significant conclusion.
Thanks for your info..

No Title

I\'m on hold waiting for a Vermont INS representative. My case is RD 2/99 ND 2/24/99 EB2 Other FP Done 2/15/00 Wife\'s FP were rejected. She just answered and said they are processing 12/98 cases. I have to wait between 4 and 5 months. FP redo should not impact processing/approval pace. I guess this is nothing new for most of you, but I thought it was good to share.

Good luck to y\'all and remember 95% of things we worry never happen. Be positive and live one day at a time. I\'m working on it.

No Title

Hi, Molly:

Do you know how long it takes for I485 processing at Hartford CT. Appreciate your info.

---Eager

No Title

Watch out for VSC. EB1,OR, RD- 5th Feb1999, ND 19th Feb1999
We called VSC on June 16th and the IIO told us our case was approved. WE were shocked and could not believe our ears so we called again today and the IIO said" Is ther any particular reason
you are calling daily.As you can imagine we were stunned So my husband who is the main petitioner said we have not got our courtsey copy and then asked if he could check up on my status( which on Friday Jun16 was still pending although my husband\'s was approved) and she said you are calling daily ..you know better than to ask that. So are really worried now. Is she going to ask for a "REReview" of the case or what!" Any how seems like VSC keeps tab of who calls how many times so watch out !!
Priya