Called USCIS

jaggi_jagan

Registered Users (C)
Today I called to verify the status of my 485 as I didn't find any update to my case since my 2nd FP on April 3rd 2004. The lady who answered my call took all my details and said that she will open an inquiry on my case and I should hear from them within 3-4 weeks.
Has anyone been in this position before? Hope this doesn't hurt my case any further as what I wanted to find from the call today was to find out whether they recieved the results of my 2nd FP yet !
Here is my details:
485 - June 2002
3 EAD's so far for myself and my wife
3 AP's for myself & 2 AP's for my wife

I don't think it will have any negative impact on your case. If anythig, they will be forced to look at your file and see what's holding things back.
What is your ND? Did you get any RFE?

I am a June 02 filer too.

Why to open inquiry with CIS but not FBI for FP check?

jaggi_jagan said:
Today I called to verify the status of my 485 as I didn't find any update to my case since my 2nd FP on April 3rd 2004.

It's not an unusual. You can find lots of postings here saying that they had never seen any status updates after FPx.
I did my FP2 on 05/20/04 but my status still shows FP1 on 06/2002.

But I called FBI and they explained that they received my FP2 from CIS, processed and returned it back on 06/05/04. YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME.

jaggi_jagan said:
Hope this doesn't hurt my case any further

It's actually a surprise that they agreed even to open this inquiry. Usually they only do this if your RD is at least 1 month behind the official processing date that is currently June 04, 2002 for Vermont PC.

I also initiated it but my RD is 04/18/2002.

US CIS probably gave a standard answer saying will start an inquiry and get back to you in 60~90 days. :(

CS001 said:
US CIS probably gave a standard answer saying will start an inquiry and get back to you in 60~90 days. :(

In fact i called USCIS yday regarding my 3rd ead. I have "Finger prints not on file" on my 3rd ead. So i called uscis to enquire whether they received FP results from FBI. The lady transferred me to the inspector inside and that
guy opened my file and said my finger prints are on file and it will take atleast
another 3 weeks to get to my case as they are still processing 6/04/04 cases.

RD 06/26/02
ND 07/01/02
FP1: 08/22/02, FP2: 03/04/04, FP3: 06/04/04
RFE: 06/15/04, and rfe update: 07/07/04
AD??

I called 1800 to get duplicate copy of RFE on jul 14. She told me that they raise enquiry and get back to me with in 30 days. but so far no luck

Hi Friends,

My lawyer has not recd I-485 rfe ( Issued on 06/07/04).
She requested for Duplicate copy. According to INS Officer, we shall receive this document within 3-4 weeks...I Already lost 5 weeks...

My question once we receive Rfe, how much time frame will be left to reply ths RFE ?
My lawyer told me that they will issue new time frame based on duplicate , will not be based on earlier date ( 06/07/04). Is this correct??????????????

Once INS issues duplicate copy, will LUD on my I-485 rfe message change?

Is there anybody whose LUD changed, when they requested duplicate copy on I-140 or I-485 rfe????

EB3 ~ EAC03-185-XXXXXX
I140- MD--> 05/31/2003
I140- RD--> 06/05/2003
I140 -ND--> 06/09/2003
Rfe - I140 - 04-May-04
Rfe - I140 - Replied - 07/06/04
I140 -> - AD - ??/??/????
NO FP
I485-> ??/??/????
Rfe - I-485 - 06/07/04 (NOT YET RECD)
DUp Requeted - 07/14/04 (NOT YET RECD)

As a matter of fact, I tried calling the FBI first to get the status on my FP. The recorded message said, if this is regarding the status of a FP, please have CIS contact us.
The number that I called to reach FBI is 304-625-5590. I got this number from a posting on this website.
If there is an alternate number that I need to call, can anyone share that information for me please.
Thanks everyone for your response !

Checking FP with FBI is a little tricky: read this

jaggi_jagan said:
As a matter of fact, I tried calling the FBI first to get the status on my FP. The recorded message said, if this is regarding the status of a FP, please have CIS contact us.
The number that I called to reach FBI is 304-625-5590. I got this number from a posting on this website.
If there is an alternate number that I need to call, can anyone share that information for me please.
Thanks everyone for your response !

No problem, read this:
---------------------
I have just spoke to FBI on 304-625-5590
(the 304-625-2406 is not responding).

I was confused 1st time ana did not choose the right option.
I didn't here a record message tone and miss the chance to leave the message.

I succeed at my 2nd call so listen here, guys:

1. Listen to the greeting, asking whether you are a criminal agency or a private individual.
2. Choose option 2: "private individual"
3. Then resist to temptation to choose option 3 ("if you filed an application with immigration services...") because it may lead you to the same mistake I did -- I still don't understand how did it happen.
Choose: "Talk to the representative" and NICELY EXPLAIN something like this, that you have a pending AOS app with USCIS and you can't get the FP check results FROM THEM so someone advised you to call this #.

The woman on a phone was UNBELIEVABLY FRIENDLY.
She requested my A-number and asked to wait for 1 minute.

One minute after she told me, that my FP2 were received on June 4, check was performed and results were sent back to USCIS on the next day, June 5.
-------------------------
Originally I posted it here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=134406&highlight=FP