Called USCIS using TIP here...Don't know what to believe

COuld someone please post what that tip is? I really have to call to know whats going on with my case?
we gave our FPs on March11,2005 and there is no status update of whatsoever on our cases. I called VSC and the representative gave very vague info saying that it will take up to three months for them to get the FP results from FBI where as my friends gave FPs in the same service center after me and their status is updated long back.

Please atleast PM that tip to me if you guys do not want to reveal it.

request for the tip

I would appreciate the tip too please.
PM me if feel not to be posted here.
RK

EB2
I-140/I-485 09/2003.
I-140 AD 08/2004.
I-485 RFE(04/04)., Responded 04/20
FP 12/2004.

I agree, they did log when and why you call them. But there is no evidence (which I cannot find) imply that they will punish you or delay your case just because you call them or your question is too dumb to answer. I just want to make sure this kind of assumption is based on the solid fact , not rumor.

Of course I agree people should call VSC when you really need , don't wasting the precious source for nothing. Call 1800# first and then consider VSC if they cannot help you.

winny1971 said:
I don't know of any implications but from my experience I can tell that VSC logs calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have called VSC already and why do you need the tip for? That's a tip to call VSC anyway.

GC12301975 said:
COuld someone please post what that tip is? I really have to call to know whats going on with my case?
we gave our FPs on March11,2005 and there is no status update of whatsoever on our cases. I called VSC and the representative gave very vague info saying that it will take up to three months for them to get the FP results from FBI where as my friends gave FPs in the same service center after me and their status is updated long back.

Please atleast PM that tip to me if you guys do not want to reveal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Can some body post that tip Sequence. I called VSc using that tip in Nov 2004. I am not able to find that in here.

Thanks,
PD: 12/2001
I-140 AD:02/2004
I-485 : ND 12/2003
FP: OCT 2004

looks like it's not working anymore... I called yesterday the same way I called in November - got a lady that was no help at all, she said she did not have any info... my guess they have been instructed not to give out the information anymore, or they simply put someone on the phone who could transfer you to an IIO, BUT it's very hard to convince you need that info... looks like nothing helps...

I won't call myself anymore, it's useless. better ask an attorney to find out the status for ya...

GL.

FastAndLucky said:
looks like it's not working anymore... I called yesterday the same way I called in November - got a lady that was no help at all, she said she did not have any info... my guess they have been instructed not to give out the information anymore, or they simply put someone on the phone who could transfer you to an IIO, BUT it's very hard to convince you need that info... looks like nothing helps...

I won't call myself anymore, it's useless. better ask an attorney to find out the status for ya...

GL.

Hi, all,

I called yesterday to check why our i-485 applications are still pending. The rep told me that the cases are pending for background check, but she couldn't tell when the background check was initiated by the USCIS. So I don't know how long the background check has been pending and how long we still have to wait. We are stuck at the name check!

Since the attorney did an inquiry a couple of weeks ago, we haven't heard anything from USCIS yet. It is said that it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get a reply on the inquiry. So we will wait and see what the reply will be and whether it tells us the same story that the rep told me, that is, we are stuck at name check!

Good luck to everyone out there waiting. I don't feel like doing anything more or I don't know what to do. Feeling frustrated but numb...

I am not sure if someone else posted the tip but I see a lot of people requesting it.

So, Here you go... The tip for VSC.

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message "there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

They do log

I called VSC to enquire about my spouse's case (LUD change but no text change), they took down my reciept # and told me that they have to log the calls. If I had seen this message I wouldnt have called. God knows what they would do by logging but still its better not to be on their watch list.:(

Hi Friends,

I just called VSC to find out my I-485 status. I spoke to nice lady. She told me that everything is ready on my case and waiting for some one to work on my case. she also told me that my name check is done . Does it mean I will get approval soon. see my details below

Labor PD - Sep 19th, 2001 (EB3, india)
I-485 ND - Feb 3rd,2004
FP1- Feb 17th,2005,
LUD's - 02/24,02/25,02/28(FP received)
I-485 AD -- Pretty soon hopefully

pl. share your experiences