called USCIS today

maryam82

Registered Users (C)
I called USCIS today. I never received a confirmation letter but received a fingerprint notice. I was worried that I was not receiving all my mail from USCIS. I understand that you are first supposed to receive a letter from USCIS confirming that they have received your application and then another letter with your fingerprint dates. well i only received the fingerprint notice.

so I called USCIS to verify that they only sent me a fingerprint notice and that I am getting all their notices. They transferred me to an immigration officer. By the way my post date was January 23rd and my fingerprint date was February 15th.

The immigration officer was very nice. She said that they have received info on my file and that my name is on the list to be scheduled for an interview which I found really strange because it has not even been a month since I took fingerprints. She said that it depends on the caseload of my local office as to when I will receive my interview letter.

I was looking at the dates on the timeline...and its an average of 6-7 months to be scheduled for an interview. I was wondering is this always the case? because it really didnt make sense what the immigration officer said.

oh by the way, my service center is the vermont service center..and i guess my local office is either the alexandria or fairfax office since I live in VA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a similar reply from the IO and my appl is in the queue to get scheduled for interview for more than a month now, still not interview letter.
Did your case status disappear online? Mine is still there, so when it disappears, we shld get the IL.
Goodluck!

hey,

no my case status is still online. i have heard though that this is not always the case. im just a little confused. i thought you had to wait till they were processing your month and year. I guess this is not always the case.

Interview Queue

MissMolina and Marayam,

Same here:

Boston DO
PD: 12/12/06
FP: 01/03/07
Case disappeared from website: 02/14/07
No interview letter.

I also called the 1-800 number and the IO told me that I was in a queue for the interview to be scheduled. However, people with later PDs have already got their IV letters. Could we be stuck in FBI checks?