called TSC and found that case is under review

nj_g

Registered Users (C)
Hello EVeryone,
can someome, tell me what do they do, when they say like case is under review. today I called TSC and luckily, I got hold of good IO and he told us that, both's NC is cleared and case is under review. He was not able to say anything further why is it under review. does anyone has any idea, what is the next step after the name check clearance. they asked us to callback after 60 days about this case. any one having any clue?
I really appreciate your replies/expert comments.

regards
mohan
PD: May, 2000
I-485 RD: Jan 11, 2006, ND: Jan 17, 2006.
I-140 RD: Jan 11, 2006, ND: Jan 17, 2006, 3/06,5/11,5/12,5/13,5/23 RFE,07/07 received reply for RFE,07/08,07/11,AD: 07/12
1st FP done on Feb 02, 2006
485 LUD: 02/28/06, 03/06/06,04/25/2006(address change), 4/26/2006(no reason, why it changed),3/15/2007, 3/16, 3/27(transferred from vsc to tsc)

Hello EVeryone,
can someome, tell me what do they do, when they say like case is under review. today I called TSC and luckily, I got hold of good IO and he told us that, both's NC is cleared and case is under review. He was not able to say anything further why is it under review. does anyone has any idea, what is the next step after the name check clearance Final Decision - within 60 days - Goodluck. they asked us to callback after 60 days about this case. any one having any clue?
I really appreciate your replies/expert comments.

regards
mohan
PD: May, 2000
I-485 RD: Jan 11, 2006, ND: Jan 17, 2006.
I-140 RD: Jan 11, 2006, ND: Jan 17, 2006, 3/06,5/11,5/12,5/13,5/23 RFE,07/07 received reply for RFE,07/08,07/11,AD: 07/12
1st FP done on Feb 02, 2006
485 LUD: 02/28/06, 03/06/06,04/25/2006(address change), 4/26/2006(no reason, why it changed),3/15/2007, 3/16, 3/27(transferred from vsc to tsc)

too difficult to judge anything

I too told the same some times back, call them if I do not hear anything within 60 days. But is difficult to believe this guys.

hmm..so it is one of the routine answer

Hello good_y,

thanks for the reply. when did you call them. did you call 60 days before or has there been any change after you called like any lud or ? Looks like, in your case, they have issued a new fp notice and am sure, you will get the approval soon. I guess, I will hv to wait for the new FP notice.

Don't believe any BS like this unless u get a GC in hand or atleast an approved 485. I called more than a moth ago & enquired about my NC etc. Was told NC clear, case in Adjudication Section waiting to be assigned to Adjudicator & I should hear in 30 days, if not call back. The person was nice & spent more than 10min checking in computer.

When called TSC USCIS after 30days (lastweek) to confirm, I was told nothing has happend in your case. So waiting.

Last week as per first IO, I was past 30days so called TSC again using POJ method but to my surprise was told that your case has no yet been subjected to security clearance. So dont believe anyone, they just gossip around & put us on hold & then come back with some +ve reply to make you happy. I would start believing the last person after I would recv GC in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
ur right..never believe USCIS

Hello Mogambo1,
thanks for the reply. you are right. never trust uscis. How about checking with infopass, would that confirm or even that also same BS?. I am planning to take infopass and to checke, whether my namecheck is really complete or not.
any thoughts?

Extended Review!

I understand that my case is also under extended review. My priority date is 12/14/2001. EB3 / India. Filed for I-485 on 10/04/2004. First finger printing done on sometime in early 2005. Did not get any FP notices after that. When I called TSC they informed that they may send another FP notice when the IO takes up my case for adjucation.

Finally, since nothing was moving, I took an Info pass appointment and found that my case is under extended review. She did not give any reason for the case to be in extended review. She said that she cannot initiate the FP notice since the case status is under extended review.

What should we do to get the second finger printing notice? Anny suggestions?

Please let me know.

Thanks much and have a great day!

Baskar

Same here

I took infopass appt and I was told that NC cleared and the case is under review. MY PD March 2004 EB-3 India. It's been 3 years after applying for 485. What they are reviewing??????? I crossing my finger to become date to my PD by next month(May be I am tooooooooooo optimistic)

We can continue this thread to track if any one of us get any updates.
Thanks

Well, review can only be good news....

Last steps for 485 approval,
- Namcheck Clearance
- Review by Immigration Officer (30-60 days)
- Final Adjudication (Card Ordering etc...)

nj_g,
So, I would say....your file is heading in the right direction....keep your fingers crossed....the approvals should be flowing through in the first 7-10 days of June....

Here is my two cents...

I recently got transfered from VSC to TSC. Also recently I got my FP2 done and called up to see what was the status on the FP2 since I did not notice any LUD. This was the answer I was given.... NC cleared, Case will be current in June and from June 3rd on, they will be sending out approval notices for all cases that are current. This could be true or just another rambling to get me off the phone. Lets just hope for the best.

PD 11/01 EB3-India
I-485 RD 12/04
FP2 - May 9th, 2007

Hello good_y,

thanks for the reply. when did you call them. did you call 60 days before or has there been any change after you called like any lud or ? Looks like, in your case, they have issued a new fp notice and am sure, you will get the approval soon. I guess, I will hv to wait for the new FP notice.

Hi nj_g,
I called them even last week and the arrogant rep told me that they cannot reveal any data, and later she told me that my NC and back ground checks are cleared. Then I asked her how long it takes to get a decision, she told cannot say and approvals are case by case.
Even the senators office gave me a reply that I should hear in 60 days or else contact them.
Nothing to do now, wait and wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Experts.

Applied for 485 in Dec 2006. Mine and my child already received GC on Jan 2007. Wife's 485 is still pending. Last LUD was Jan 30, 2007.

I have no idea what to do? She disparately needs to visit her parents. Please educate me with some lights from my darkness.

Hi Experts.

Applied for 485 in Dec 2006. Mine and my child already received GC on Jan 2007. Wife's 485 is still pending. Last LUD was Jan 30, 2007.

I have no idea what to do? She disparately needs to visit her parents. Please educate me with some lights from my darkness.

Have you thought about applying AP for her.....

will wait for june..

Hello Everyone,
thx for your replies/wishes. After seeing your posts, I started feeling that, I may see some movement in June. I will keep my fingers cross..

Hi Experts.

Give me a break, you are definitely not in darkness if you receive your GC in one month after applying in Dec 06. There are so many people here waiting for GC for several years, so I can't see how you are in darkness. In your wife's case, she can easily travel abroad by using AP with no problems while her I-485 is pending...

I had a similar response when I contacted the TSC IO...that my file is uder review and he also tikd that it is a goood sign...Will wait until the first weekof Jun 2007.

Also can anyone pls. explain what is a POJ method? and How to go about an Infopass? So far the only thing I did was call the TSC ...Thanks in advance.

good to hear from ppl that, I am not alone in under review

Hello Greenman2002,

POJ method is nothing but how you got hold of TSC Immigration Officeer. POJ is the person name in this forum who found this trick( i got this info from the same forum only). POJ stands for Prince of Justice.
with regardst o InfoPass, You can take and check with them about your namecheck and other things like, is there anything going on your case. if your lucky, you will get the info.

Hello Greenman2002,

POJ method is nothing but how you got hold of TSC Immigration Officeer. POJ is the person name in this forum who found this trick( i got this info from the same forum only). POJ stands for Prince of Justice.
with regardst o InfoPass, You can take and check with them about your namecheck and other things like, is there anything going on your case. if your lucky, you will get the info.

Thanks nj_g ! But can you also tell me the "trick" used by POJ...Again appreciate your response. :)

what is the diffrence between Security clerance and name check

for my case first 0n may 16th the letter from Tsc says that my Back ground checks are pending and on 24th infopass people told me that my Securty clerance is done and case is under review what does that mean back ground check and security clerance are different if they are why case is under review.

thanks for any help