Called TSC about FP

Hopeful0820

Registered Users (C)
RD: 6/01 and ND: 7/01, I-140 approved at TSC and I-485 filed with TSC from California. No hope of FP yet.

My attorney and I have called TSC many times this year. Almost every time I got a different answer from IIO. Today I was told that my FP will only be issued three months before the case is up for review. I told her about the randomness and she said they are processing cases in order. What else can I do?

FP Answer

I think their answer key was upgraded today. I got an answer saying that FP notice will be issued in 30 to 60 days.

RD,ND 5/02

I was told 1-6 months...

I was told by a IIO 3 weeks ago that my FP would take anywhere from 1 to 6 mo.s. yeah, talk about being vague!!

PD : 7/2000
RD : 7/2001
ND : 9/2001

No freaking FP yet!

Filed I485 2001 no FP?.. waiting frustrated

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of calling the infamous IIO's though reading your experiences it seems they are of little help, as they either mislead you or give incorrect info 101 out of 100 times you ask them.

My info:
Filed 485 July 2001.
Got EAD/AP in 12'2001
EAD/AP renewal just filed
no FP yet?.......................

I think for 2001 filers there little hope, unless the FP is scheduled,. I feel totally helpless and frustrated,

Don't know what to do?.. We are all held hostage by this one
organisation called Texas INS....

Well good luck 2 y'all

Called for FP/address change

I just spoke to the IIO, I could'nt quite hear what she(IIO) was saying I guess very poor phone connection,..

but she updated my address, and she said she will call me
back on the phone number I provided, I am not sure if she will indeed call me back, keeping in mind its the TSC.

Lets see if change of address triggers something for me,

Good luck everybody.

Hi nchandra..

I have changed my address 2 months back . i am waiting for my approval. my fp has completed. Do we have to send ar-11 form to TSC or DC. how about you ...did u change ur address with in same place or diffrent state.

Question for FP experts

Hello,

I called TSC IIO today. A very helpful guy. I asked about my FP. He took my case # and checked and said that the FP has been ordered. He looked at my ND 3/12/02 and said its been a while but you should get it anyday now. He also said that its a "good thing" that the FP has been ordered.

Any guys who can shed light on this ? does it take this long between ordering (3/12/02) and actually getting an FP notice ?

He said its a "good thing". What's good about FP order and no FP notice ?

The IIO also said he could not know when the FP would be scheduled.

Thanks to everyone on this useful board.

Ordering for FP is different from scheduling

Once I-485 is filed then it is ordered for the FP. Then this request will be sent to the National Scheduler. Depending on your luck your FP Notice is scheduled. Just LUCK. Nothing else.

ar-11 address change

Hi Krish,

I sent the ar-11 form to Washington, before I called up the IIO, but I guess it should'nt matter as I believe you current address with INS is already updated,

and strictness of the address change law is not yet passed.

Thanks nchandra,

I see in many place that we should send ar-11 form to DC for any address change. but you wrote 'law is not yet passed'. Please clarify

Means that change of address law is out there for recommendation. Generally they will give 60-90 day period for the public to give their opinions. It is similar to 'vistior's law', most of us panicked about 30 day restriction for a visitor, but it is still a proposal, not yet implemented as a law.

As per address change, you should file AR-11 form to DC and optionally call INS and tell them you changed your address.

address change

Krish,

as such the law is in existence from years, but they strictly do not enforce it, meaning if you fail to notify INS, they have never deported anybody on that basis, but what they are saying now is if you don;t report you may be deported, and I am not sure what happened to this debate in congress,

But If I was you I would assume that they will enforce the law, and so I would send ar-11 to be safe, remeber send cerified mail as proof for yourself,

bad news for FP 2001 july filer

Talked to IIO second day in a row, yesturdays IIO gave me some hope that they may look into ordering the FP, and said she will call me, I was sure she would'nt

So I called today, met another IIO, who BLUNTLY SAID NO FP HAS BEEN ORDERED FOR ME, AND SHE HAS NO IDEA WHEN THAT would
be, Also she said they are processing 2000 files, so whenever they reach 2001 July they would order FP

GREAT!!!! that helps. At least I am in illusion that my application will be approved in near future.

Good luck to all those who r waiting for FP,.. Not sure why GOD created finger prints, I am sure it was'nt meant to suffer.

Do not feel too bad. I have the similar experience

I talked to IIO before and was told my case with officer. Call again two weeks later, was told it was with Supervisor. One lady also promised me that she will call me back, of course, she did not.
This is an American, Liar, Liar....

When they say they will call you back, that means they do not want to talk to you anymore.
When they say they will think it about it, that means they are refusing.
When they ask how are you doing, they means Hello.
When they say I miss you, that means Hello.
When they smells, they are just stretch their face musles.
When they say come to visit us, that means Good Bye.
When they say you are more than welcome, that means you have my permission.

I am sure you guys can add more on this list....

This is American tradition.... We have to learn it if we want to deal with them...

hope

guys ican understand you frustration as it was a similar situation in jan 02 , everybody receiving fp's and adjudication when i was not receiving anything even after 12 mo of ND which caused similar anger etc. hang in there mine took 15 mo , i think iio, phone call etc did not provide any advantage. getting fp soon after nd is a fluke which i believe is directly prop0rtional to the inexperience of the iio handling the case. in 1999 this was the case and many had to wait and redo fp's. if you are able to get through in 6-7 mo best of luck but if some experienced guy comes across the case it may be put on hold to conform with processing times
if case is on hold for long there may be some issues to be resolved, if it is starightforward it will go through
this is my 2 c worth of 5 yrs of experience with texas ins

You are absolutely right. Just hang in there guys. TSC catching up very slowly. It takes hell of a time to catch all the other SC ( I hope within a year we all recieve our freedom cards).

called IIO for FP

I spoke to a IIO regarding my FP. She said wait 1-2 months. If I don't receive it by then I should call back.

So far I have called INS 3 times in 1 1/2 mo.s and each time I got a different answer. I hope the last one is right.

PD : 7/00
RD : 7/01
ND : 9/01
NO FP!:mad: