called IO says preadjudicated

itraaz

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I received respose to SR which said actively processing the case and performing additional review. Today I called the TSC IO and she was good :

After confirming my name and address she told me that my case is preadjuciated and assigned to an officer. At this time I was quite excited.I didn't mention about the letter that I had received. I inquired does this mean that I am past FBI name check stage as I was in that stage in the past. She said she will check and told me that my FP's are clear and after a pause that my name checking is pending.Then I asked again that what does preadjudicated mean, she said it is assigned to the officer and it may be waiting for name check and/or other clearances. I asked how much time it could take ,she said can't say but it should not take much time as it is assigned to the officer. She gave some positive vibes but I am glad I asked about the name check or else I would have been ignorantly celebrating .

What do gurus say? I thought pre-adjudication is a latter step but I am confused now.

Thanks
itraaz

Mine also preadjudicated but not assigned to officer.. As far I know it means all the security/back ground checks are done. Everthing is clear. If it is assigned to an officer You may get GC anytime.
Best of luck.

Yesterday I received respose to SR which said actively processing the case and performing additional review. Today I called the TSC IO and she was good :

After confirming my name and address she told me that my case is preadjuciated and assigned to an officer. At this time I was quite excited.I didn't mention about the letter that I had received. I inquired does this mean that I am past FBI name check stage as I was in that stage in the past. She said she will check and told me that my FP's are clear and after a pause that my name checking is pending.Then I asked again that what does preadjudicated mean, she said it is assigned to the officer and it may be waiting for name check and/or other clearances. I asked how much time it could take ,she said can't say but it should not take much time as it is assigned to the officer. She gave some positive vibes but I am glad I asked about the name check or else I would have been ignorantly celebrating .

What do gurus say? I thought pre-adjudication is a latter step but I am confused now.

Thanks
itraaz

itraaz,

A long while back a good friend of mine, said to me just sit back and relax and when it shows up in your mailbox, be happy. I should have listened to him, but I got into checking forums and the USCIS website everyday.

Anyway I am in the situation where apparently my name check is clear, FP is clear and the case is with an officer.

However that was about a week ago and no updates since. I was told that there were no visa numbers available etc.

I'm not going to call again till after the 1st of October. Thankfully my PD date will still be current then.

So really no one can say what the situation is, apart from USCIS and they aren't saying.

Good luck and try not to dwell to much on it.