Called IIO today...21 months after???

cool_blondie

Registered Users (C)
I called IIO today (800 number). The person was very nice and advised that it's taking 21 months to process my kinda case and I should be getting approval this month, yes in June :eek:

God knows better... I have my fingers and toes crossed...:p

19 months here....

Still waiting.... 21 month wait does not seem to be a bad deal to me provided I ACTUALLY get an approval after the wait....

My fingers and toes are deformed from all the crossing I have done so far....!!!

19 months too

All righty, at least this seems to be one month less than other guys posted for typical wait period. Then I guess I will have to re-do my FP. How about you, Haraputta? But I haven't got anything for this second FP request yet.

Hang on guys,
--Shamu

Shamu2002

My FP are scheduled to expire by the end of July.. so my friend... I still have two more months in spare. I sincerely hope that BCIS will expedite my case in lieu of my expiring FP. I have seen it happening... to an applicant whom I know personally.

I am sick and tired of waiting the light to turn "GREEN". So far, this has been one loooooooong "STOP" light for me.....

Good Luck...

I am in the same boat

485 pending for more than 19 months

RD - 10/29/01
ND - 11/19/01
FP - 03/29/02
RFE - 02/27/03
RFE Recd by INS - 03/27/03

Called IIO twice, every time they say this kind of case should have been worked by now, but it's not.

I don't know what to say?? I am really confused. I don't know when will I see light at the end of tunnel.

Haraputta I have been following your posts for a long time, is your RD close to mine?

Good luck to everyone waiting .... Good bless us all

:confused:

dates

My dates are

RD 9/10/01
ND 10/12/01
FP 4/20/02
RFE rcvd 12/19/02
APPROVED...yeah rights.:mad:

Still waiting and waiting...... But for how long? Are we there yet? :eek:

I'm planning to contact the senator...:mad:

M2001

Here are my case details (The numbers that I disgust the most):

RD: 10/18/01
ND: 11/21/01
FP: 04/30/02
RFE: 02/30/03 (Employment Verificatin and Proof of Status)
RFE Received by BCIS: 03/11/03

I have called BCIS a numerous times afer they had received the response to RFE. I have had the honor to talk to a mixture of rude and nice IIOs. The rudes simply told me to wait more. The nicer ones dug a little deeper into my case and told me that my case had been worked on and the review process had been complete. The application was then waiting for security clearance and hence I have to wait till BCIS hear back from agencies about my name check results.

An inquiry from Senator's office told me the same story so I am convinced that my case is indeed waiting for name check clearance. What I am not sure about is how long will this stupid name check process take?

M2001, I have been around here on these forums for longer than most of us here (about six years so far) but I just tend to keep my opinions and comments to myself :)

I wish you and rest of the **Waiting** community here... a very best of luck!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dates are a little later than you guys, but my FP is expiring sooner:

RD: 11/20/01
ND: 12/01/01
FP: 03/15/02 (was set to take it on 03/30 but went earlier, maybe I should wait then :)
RFE: 03/25/03 (employment verification, received on 04/08/03)

So that guy asked for this damn verification and then no time to look at it for almost 2 months! Ironicaly, my lawyer was told that it has been reassigned to the IIO. So I need either a miracle here to get it passed before the FP expiration or... another FP request?

Good luck guys :D

What is the security clearance? why do they have to do it on RFE cases? I thought they complete preliminary processing before sending out RFE, may be I am wrong?

Thanks

M2001

Every case goes through security clearance. RFE is a part of SOP (standard operating Process). Usually BCIS sends out a request to apporpriate agencies for criminal record check and it does that in parallel to the processing of your application. These are two different processes.

Hope this helps...

I dared to make the mistake of calling NSC today and a lady said "I am not going to tell you what stage your case is or make any predictions on processing" and slammed the phone down...
Feeling quite scared...

It's usually recommended to call NSC not more than once a month.
haraputta, Cool_Blondi my RD, ND are almost same as yours but the difference is my File is somehow transferred to National Record Center in Missouri by mistake so I don't know whether this 21 months waiting time fits in my case or not.

Whatshappening

I have read posts on these forums about cases that were transferred to National Record Center. In most instances it was a mistake and the file was recalled to NSC immediately. I suggest that you call NSC to make sure your file is back in its office. A call from senator's office may also help the cause.

Thanks.

haraputta

As I mentioned in my earlier thread, I have been receing contradictory statements from NSC. Sometimes they say it is transferred for quality review and sometimes they say it is a mistake. In my last convsersation (almost 18 days ago), I have been told that they have found the application and processing will be resumed soon. But can you imagine the online status is still not changed yet. It still shows my file is sitting in other BCIS office. I may call NSC again in a week or two.
I agree with you about asking for Senator help and I'll do that soon.

Rd 10/15/2001
FP6/18/2002
Ref. 3/6/2003
By INS 3/20/2003
sent to IIO 3/25/2003
AD ??????????????????????:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

One big hour glass.. that must be:)

More like *year* glass ... as BCIS does not seem to believe in using *hour* glass when it comes to giving its customers WAIT TIME.

My date:

RD: Sep 16 01
ND: Oct 18 01
FD: April 21 02
RFE: Dec 02 Response is received Jan 6 03.

Still waiting hopelessly. I cannot imagine when the end is.:confused: