Called IIO this morning (IGate)

IGTE

Registered Users (C)
I called IIO and he told me that Vermont is processing my case. It was on hold because of company name change, but not anymore as per the IIO. Those friendly, sweet and hardcode professionals in the legal department filed an amended I-140 for me sometime early April (don\'t remember exact date but around 11th April). They could have filed last year for all their employees, but just missed the mark by one year. I salute them for their dedication and hardwork.

I did call Vermont earlier to link my file though.

No Title

Same here. I called on Monday to link I-140 with I-485 and when I called again on Friday, I was told that the two petitions are together and assigned to an officer. However, I was told that now it is up to the officer on how long to take to adjudicate this case.

No Title

Thanks guys for sharing your talks with IIO. Getting encouraging news. We do not know how long this wait will last.

No Title

Hi MyTurn and November,

Do you know how cases are linked? What does it mean? One IIO told me today my new I-140 case number can be found under my A#, but not under my pending I-485\'s WAC#. Is that a problem?

yanxion

No Title

I am in similar case, but different company. May you guys can help me.My case is on hold due to company change. Do we get any RFE due to that. I talked to my attorney, He says we can file amendment to I140, Some where here i heard Vermont is not working on amended I140 as well as does not accept amended I140 filed after april. Is it true? How much time does it take? Any risks involed in filing amended I140. Help please.

No Title

There is nothing for you to lose just by filing amended I-140. INS may or may not issue an RFE b/c the IIO\'s at VSC follows different terinologies for each case within the same company and between different companies for each minute, each second, each day, each hour, each year, each millenium and the list goes. It\'s not true that VSC is not accepting amended I-140 after April. I would suggest you to go ahead and file an amended I-140 because there is nothing to lose.

No Title

Request to People Calling VSC IIO.

Please ask the month they are processing currently, if you happen to make a Call to VSC IIO ( Immigration Information officer).

Question is whether they have started procesing Aug\'2000 Cases.

Since no one is posting information about approvals these days, it is difficult to find out the pattern of approval.

No Title

Thank you for your info! How to file an amended I-140? just file out the I-140 form or do I need to attach all of the supporting documents like filing the initial I-140? I think a letter should be attached, which describes your approved I-140 # and I-485 # and tells the IIto link them together. Am I right? Any further suggestions on how to prepare an amended I-140. I really appreciate your kind suggestions.

No Title

It usually takes 2-2 1/2 months to get your amended i-140 approved. Infact my amended i-140 papers ND is 11-may-01. Hopefully, I should get them approved by june end.

all the best man.

No Title

Linking amended i-140 to 485

Do u need to call the INS to link ur i-140 to 485? or is it done automatically. I assume, it should be done automatically. any input on this would be highly appreciated.

thanks and all the best

No Title

in my case it was not done automatically, at least IIO was not able to see my amended I-140 when she located my I-485 case using A# number... I had to tell case number for amended I-140... it was 5 days after I got receipt from LD

No Title

ask him to link and that\'s it... if IIO refuses - you must call one more time to talk with a different officer...

No Title

I got my amended i-140 receipt. does that mean that "my i-140 is linked to my 485" . Please let me know. Or should I call the INS to link my i-140 to i-485

getsoon

No Title

Infact, our company (igate) took care of filing for our amended i-140. we did not have to sign any papers too. We just faxed in our EAD card, gave details on all our dates, and the rest was done by IGATE LD.

No Title

Did you get your Receipt thru \' E-mail or thru\' postal service ?. pl.reply me...

-Thanks

No Title

Hi Getsoon ,

Did you get your 140 receipt thru\' E-mail or thru\' postal service ?

-thanks