Called IIO This morning: EB2 India, ND 10/4/99, PD 5/8/98, FP 3/2/01

ver_sri

Registered Users (C)
Called IIO before a couple of times and passive participant on this message board. Never posted anything on the site. My info is registered at immitracker.

Called IIO this morning in great frustation after seeing approvals for January. My ND is Oct 4, 99. She said my case will take another month.

Any way here\'s how the part of the conv went:

Me: you approved cases which are filed in January, while my case from Oct 4 is still pending. How come??
IIO: Sir may be your PD is not current, you know PD\'s retrogess some times for Indian\'s and Chinese.
Me: What do you mean, I am EB2 with PD of 5/8/98 and PD has been current all along, since Oct 4, 99.
IIO: Your file was on a shelf ..and was placed on the shelf on April 3, 01 ready to be given to an officer. You should expect a decision in less than a month.
Me: Why my case is taking longer... (Even before I completed the sentence)
IIO: we process cases in an order and we have a system in place to go through the cases in sequence.
Me: (At this point I got very frustated)... Your processing times for the last two months show that you are processing upto Oct 15, 99 cases.
IIO: yes
Me: Then how come my Oct 4, 99 case was not approved and my friend with ND in January 2000 got approved, is there a sequence here?? It seems random to me??
IIO: I understand your frustation it is taking longer in your case, but as i said everything is ok with your file and was placed on the shelf on April 3, ready to be adjudicated.
Me: (in my mind) Yeah you do not have understanding of the frustation i am going through. This whole GC thing sucks big time and INS is a rotten place.
(out aloud) Thank you and have a nice day.

Any body with OCT ND and waiting for approval, talked to an IIO please post your experiences.

Ver_sri

No Title

EB3, Counytry-Others, RD/ND-Oct99, RFE recv by INS Mar7, Still waiting. Every time i have called, you will hear something in 2/4 weeks.

No Title

I am at the same boat with you Ver--sri. My RD is 10/7/99, EB1. I called IIO on 4/10/01 and was told to wait another 30-45 days. IIO also said that my case was not taking longer than anybody else. It is very frustrating. I think it really depends on individual’s luck right now.

No Title

RD - 10/4/99, ND 10/14/99, FP 2/20/2001, RFE sent 04/06/2001, RFE Received - 04/12/2001 (not yet responded)

Ver-Sri,

My RD is same as yours.. Some of the Oct 99 cases are approved but not all. I have also seen some Nov, Dec, Jan approvals, but very few.. So I am sure our day will come soon.. Don\'t get upset buddy, we all have to go through this. Only few are lucky to get through this earlier than others..

Vinayak

No Title

Vinayak:
RFE was sent on the same day for me too (Apr 6). I replied on Apr 11. It was for the employment letter. What does your RFE ask for ??

BTW your RD, ND and RFE dates are the same as mine

SS

No Title

I am also in the same boat. My details are

RD 28 Sep 99
ND 07 Oct 99
Country Other
FP 14 Sep 99

I talk with IIO in the start of this month. He told me it will take 2 to 4 weeks more. My case is in review by officer. There is no RFE yet. Company name was changed after filing I485.

No Title

mirfandar,
my rd is 12/99 and country others and i have not got nothing from VSC so far? i see many approvals with Rd 1/2000 who got approved latly.
i dont know what is going on.
i know virginia is very crowded and maybe this is the reason.
what state r u from?
maybe we should contact congress man office? just a thought?