Called IIO - mail room backlog!

Vali Balescu

Registered Users (C)
My RD is 6/1/01
I called VCS this morning at 8.20 and I spoke with an IIO about my case.
She told me that it seems I called last week about my case.
I said, it is because last week I was told a RFE was issued and my lawyer never got it and also the AVM message is not changed in 10 days. Is there a problem?
She told me as this morning they received a notice from the mail room that they have a huge backlog and it will take 30 days to send any notice out. Therefore she told me to wait 30 days for the RFE.

I told her that this is not fair since I was involve in the same stupid situation last year when I sent my application and I had to wait 2 months to receive the inital notice from them...

I cannot believe that this is happening....

My RFE will be for medicals. I know this because my lawyer didn\'t send the medicals with the initial application??!! I did my medicals on February 15 2002 hoping that the RFE will be received in few weeks and I will send everything back asap. I hope that by the time they receive my RFE, my medicals will not be expired or something...Someone told me that are valid for 3 months....

People are receiving Approval notices within a week of approval?...

If there is a delay in the Mail Room, how is that possible?

No Title

I think IIO has taken you for a ride...many people are getting notices(approval and also receipt) notices. I received receipt notices for 485,EAD and AP two days back....

thanks,
raju

No Title

The mail room does a TRIAGE, in which important docs like approval
notices are mailed with priority. Others like RFE\'s have lessere importance.