Called IIO at 12.30 - 10/22/02

Hereforever

Registered Users (C)
The same old story - We are processing Sept cases.
He was very unfriendly.
He said that it is better to apply for my EAD (expires in Jan).
My RD - 9/18.
I don't think I can expect an approval in the near future...
I am depressed
:confused: Guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
RD 09/27....the same story...

Applied for EAD renewal in the early October.

I'm not depressed - I can't feel anything anylonger - I'm a dead man.

You know what would be nice? If people could get the name of the person they actually talk to and include it in their report here, others can make a choice of whether or not to continue talking to the IIO's who have a record of being unfriendly. In fact, if there is enough data about an IIO being unfriendly, then we can probably write to INS complaining about his/her behavior. With INS aiming to be a "service" agency, I'm sure they would heed our call -- at least in customer service, if not in processing speed. Or is even THAT some wishful thinking? ;)

Originally posted by Hereforever
The same old story - We are processing Sept cases.
He was very unfriendly.
He said that it is better to apply for my EAD (expires in Jan).
My RD - 9/18.
I don't think I can expect an approval in the near future...
I am depressed
:confused: Guys!!

I can understand the pain

It is really very hard that too for those filers before Oct 01

Mine was on Sept 04 2001 and got approved only on 21st Oct. I was so depressed that people who applied after me got their approval and their card too and I am sitting here like a dead man.

Starting from Sep 4th 2002 (1 yr anniversary) till the time I was approved on Oct 21st I literally felt that my file had been lost and only my grand children will come to me one day to say that I am approved!!!!!!!!!!

So u are not alone. Just hang in there buddy and I am sure u will see light at the end of the tunnel. The good part is that you would have already crossed 70% of the tunnel.

All the best

Hereforever, there have been many stories on here where IIOs have told callers the same thing as you and then they have seen their approvals come through within the next few days.

Lots of people also seem to call before EAD renewal to be told the same thing, they then send in renewal, meanwhile INS is approving GC at the same time they are cashing EAD renewal checks.

It's a crazy world, the INS. Good luck. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.