Called FBI name check customer service number

annet

Registered Users (C)
I called the (202) 324 2399 number a few days ago. Quite a few poster in the forum say that I would get a call back within 1 or 2 days. But I didn't get any call back. Did anybody experince the same thing? Do they usually leave voice message if your are not there?

Quite a few people (including me) reported the opposite: namely that there was no response from the FBI at all. In most cases the request by fax works better, but it still takes 5-6 weeks to get the answer.

Good luck.

Though the recorded message says that they would respond by 48 working hours, I have not heard back from them. I posted my query last Thursday.
If 48 working hours means 6 days (8 hrs per day) then I guess I have to wait till next week.

I called on 9/2/04, and received no answer, so I left a second message on 9/8/04, and am still waiting.

Many a times it is difficult to catch a foriegn Name and foriegn accent over the phone particularly recorded message. It is advisible to send a Fax. Also remember..., if your Name check is completed..., you would get a response. I have not seen anybody posting that they recieved a response from FBI, but their name check is pending.
I hope you got it....,

How does one know if they are stuck in name check?

How does one know if they are stuck in name check?
Thanks,
-Bala.

WAC03203*****
FP: 8/04.

peace_of_mind said:
Many a times it is difficult to catch a foriegn Name and foriegn accent over the phone particularly recorded message. It is advisible to send a Fax. Also remember..., if your Name check is completed..., you would get a response. I have not seen anybody posting that they recieved a response from FBI, but their name check is pending.
I hope you got it....,

Not true.

The first response I got from the FBI was when my name check was still pending. I got another resonse (to one more inquiry) a month later that my name check was completed.
Perhaps my inquires helped since I wrote to Hardy and others pleading to complete my name check ASAP- in the second response Hardy referedto my previous letter...

I know quite a few similar cases. Actually FBI resonds to all inquires in the same manner- they just tell you whether the name check is completed or is still pending.

Of course if they completed your name check and found that you are an enemy (God forbid), then it is anpother story. I am not sure if they found many terrorists so far. Probably most people stuck in the name check just share name with some bad/strange guys.

BTW, in my case I did not post on this forum that my name check was pending-
I just did not want to talk about it. Nevertheless it used to be a good thread in the Naturalization forum where people shared their concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
fine&jadwin,
thats good if FBI replies. I hope others like you too post information that they recieved reply but name check is still pending.

east2west said:
Though the recorded message says that they would respond by 48 working hours, I have not heard back from them. I posted my query last Thursday.
If 48 working hours means 6 days (8 hrs per day) then I guess I have to wait till next week.

What if they work only two hours a day :D :D :D

parolee - good catch.
So there is a legal black hole there too. In fact if they don't work at all, we know what is the cause of our delay :D :D