Called BCIS IIO today @ 12:00pm

Hopeso

Registered Users (C)
IIO took all my & wife details including Alien number, address and Date of Birth. He said he will send for request of status to vermont office and I should a letter by mail...about my status in 3 or 4 weeks....!! I was very much surprised about this.....

Did any one had same experience? let me know

I called 800-375-5285.

I got the exactly the same response. The IIO took my address, name, etc. and said she was sending an inquiry and I should got a written response from VSC in 3 or 4 weeks.

It looks like this is BCIS's new policy, the national center just send the so-called inquiry to individual service center so that they don't have to answer your questions. Who knows what these service centers will do with these inquires. But the worst part is that we lost the last possible channel to learn any useful information for our pending cases.

RD 11/05/01

I think there's one more complication: processing of those status requests will take additional time for VCS...
Disappointing...

Here is the catch. National Customer service will send a request to
VSC for info on the status and VSC will not reply. So if you call the 1-800 number after 4 weeks (if you call before, they will ask you to wait for 4 weeks), then they will say that they are still waiting for a response from VSC. That's it. Meanwhile, your approval will come on some lazy day :D

Called IIO

Hi,

I too called IIO at aroudn 9.30am and I got exactly the same response you got.

OHH

Such a relief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how the system should work
To give reply to genuine queries...

not for stupid wuestion like

When can I expect
Why is it so late

Now VSC can concentrate on real work ....
wait for more approvals