Call to IIO?!

ylc726

Registered Users (C)
I have been told by my attorney that I have no authority to call IIO. The reason why I want to call is to check my RFE status (replied back for 2 months by no AVM update). She told me that only my employer or attorney can call and talk to IIO regarding my case. Is this true?

No Title

Yes, attorney is right.

When I tried calling for my H1-B,
they asked me my name.
Then asked if I was the attorney.
I said no and then IIO said she can\'t
talk to me about it since I was represented.

But why ...?!

But why some people (on the board) said they called IIO every week to check the case status? Are they claiming that they are employer or attorney? Or, should we tell (or cheat) IIO we are attorney/employer and would like to check the case status?

yes you can call if it is your application

I-485 is your application but H1-B is your employer application not yours. So you cannot call.

No Title

Yes that\'s correct. Any application involving you personally rather than the Employer, you can call INS and find out the status. Like for H1-B & I-140, the lawyer applies on behalf of your Employer. Alll the point of contact and correspondance is between INS and lawyer representing your case. But in 485 stage the adjustment involves your status personally. That is the reason, all correspondance from INS is directly to you inspite of lawyer representing you on behalf of your Employer. When i called on my I-140 stage, IIO refused to give me any info but during I-485, I call them once a week. No problem.