Call on June 5, 2008 - Recording Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can SSN be applied before Oct 1st

Hi Rajiv,

I filed two H1B's through two different employers and both are approved and I have not decided yet which employer i should choose

1. As my H1B is approved , can I apply SSN now or should I wait till 1st Oct, 2008

2. Can I apply SSN using company A H1B and later from Oct 1st can I work with company B

Thanks,

Hi Rajiv,

I sponsored my parents to get their green card last year when they were here visiting me in the US. They have the status adjusted to green card in 3 months in Nov 2007. They are still here staying with me. Now, they are planning to go back to our home country, Hong Kong to sell their house and move to the US with us. They are planning to ship their furnitures and other personal properties & belongings to the US with a container. My questions are:

1. Do they get any tax exemptions on the belongings that they will be bringing into the US?
2. What's the best way to ship their belongings to the US?

Thank you for your time.

with reference to the recent new CSPA memo

Can you explain how to obtain the retention of priority date if you have aged out

Hi Rajiv,
I need to understand what best I can do for longer stay in US.
I came to US on L1 with Company A and got transfered onto H1 with company B after 1 year. With Company B my labor and I-140 was filed and approved. Due to personal reason I had to move to Company C. Company C will start my GC in couple months and I have completed my 4.5 years of continuous stay(L1 & H1) in US.
Q1) Can I use my earlier approved I-140 whenever my labor and I-140 gets approved with Company C or X ?
Q2) Is my L1 stay taken into account of my total stay in US ?
Q3) What will be in situation if Company C does not complete my labor in timely manner / Company C will move my job overseas ?
Q4) What should I do now to secure my longer stay in US?

Citizenship through USC Marriage

Rajiv,
Firstly, thanks for your time, I am planning to marry a USC, its a legitimate relationship. She already has two kids aged 7 and 9, she does not want the kids to get involved in this legal process as they already went through a traumatic divorce. My question is when the time comes for interview, will the kids be asked to come in and questioned? in that case I need to let my Girl friend know about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.