Call for refingerprinting

My fingerprinting done on 1/18/2002, and i did not hear anything yet too.Hope to hear soon.

Deeps

Hi,

Looking at this thread, it seems like quite few people already got FP redone, but haven't heard anything back from INS. What does it mean? I believe, INS would ask for FP to be redone before approving 485, but quite few ppl are still waiting.... What the hell is INS upto??? Can they send another RFE before approval?

sacpat74,

INS can do exactly what they choose too. If they want to use your application papers for toilet paper, that is what they will do. :(

I wish there was some accountability there. Irritating to say the least.

redoing

Redoing finger print is a predictable event for me. When I received
RFE, I realized there was no chance to get approval beforethe expiration of my finger print. I believe no officer will dare to
give an approval when finger print has been over than 15 months
in the current "security" situation. If I were an officer, I would
issue redoing finger print too. Problem is how to decrease backlog, it seems they do not want to reduce backlog of I-485.
They have announced I-485 has no priority.

Re: redoing

Originally posted by cao
Problem is how to decrease backlog, it seems they do not want to reduce backlog of I-485.
They have announced I-485 has no priority.

Cao,

Is that an assumption or a direct quote? If a quote could you post the link?

Is is interesting that the IIO cannot approve on FP Expiry, the only reason, I would say they need to redo FP Is to check if there is any outstanding warrant or crime commited by you in the prior 15 months, while they were sitting on your AOS. But it is not like your finger prints change! Instead they can just retransmit the old FP to FBI and get a report based upon that! A bloody hoax if you ask me!

If your FP is expired and you have not heard any thing it means that no body is looking at your file in other words your case has not been assigned to officer. If you get 2nd FP notice it is some whatt good but nothing to be happy about it.
something is better than nothing.