Call for LA volunteers

Guys,
The meeting place is close to Orange Mall @ the block @ the intersection of i-5 and hwy 22. We can find a starbucks there. I'll be coming from Fullerton. Cerritos will be little out of way. I think its better if the meeting place is closer to the townhall meeting place.

BTW, Vision, to get to ambala dhaba in cerritos, u should take either hwy91(exit pioneer) or i-605 (exit south st). its not on i-405

Regards
cs485

Here is the original page about Ed Royce's Town Hall Meeting:
http://www.royce.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=1902

Royce to Hold Town Meetings in Orange and Los Alamitos
All are invited...Friday, December 5th and Saturday December 6th

Orange County, Nov 24 - U.S. Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA-40) will hold two town meetings in December. The first will be in Orange on Friday, December 5, 2003 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the Weimer Room at the Orange City Hall, which is located at 300 E. Chapman Avenue. The second will be in Los Alamitos at the Joint Forces Training Base on Saturday, December 6, 2003 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Colonial Room of Building 19, which is located at 4745 Yorktown Avenue.

"This is a chance for my constituents to talk with me face to face. Everyone should feel free to stop by in either Orange or Los Alamitos to share their concerns, or just to say hello," said Royce who will use this opportunity to listen to issues or concerns and give an update on Congressional activity over the past year.
At the base in Los Alamitos, it will also be a chance to stop by, thank our local reservists for their sacrifice and service, and hear more about the plans to upgrade the JFTB facilities. Recently, Royce was able to obtain $21 million for the replacement of undependable, unsafe and dilapidated electrical, gas, water and communication facilities at the base.

These events are free and open to the public:
Orange
Friday, December 5th
5-7 p.m.
Orange City Hall - Weimer Room
300 E. Chapman Ave
(Thomas Guide/ Orange County p.799 H-4)

Los Alamitos
Saturday, December 6th
2:30-4:30 p.m.
Joint Forces Training Base
Building 19, Colonial Room
4745 Yorktown Ave
(Thomas Guide/ Orange County p.797 B-3)

Originally posted by CS485
Guys,
The meeting place is close to Orange Mall @ the block @ the intersection of i-5 and hwy 22. We can find a starbucks there. I'll be coming from Fullerton. Cerritos will be little out of way. I think its better if the meeting place is closer to the townhall meeting place.

BTW, Vision, to get to ambala dhaba in cerritos, u should take either hwy91(exit pioneer) or i-605 (exit south st). its not on i-405

Regards
cs485

Let's don't get confused. I'll be coming from Woodland Hills. We'll make it there.

(Ambala Dhaba
18143, Pioneer Blvd,
Artesia,
CA 90701
Ph 562-402-7990)

I will leave San Francisco Bay Area for Southern California soon.
See you at Ambala Dhaba at 1:30pm on 12/06/2003,
-kashmir

los alamitos meeting

Hi I-140 and Kashmir,
Unfortunately, my spouse and I will not be able to attend the meeting on Saturday due to some unforseen circumstances. Hopefully we will be able to attend the next meeting. Good Luck for this meeting.

Thanks.

sscsc

Ed Royce's Townhall Meeting

First of all, it was really great to meet meet kashmir and who cares. Myself, Kashmir and who cares met @ ambala dhaba. Went to the location around 2:45pm. There were around 200 people appx in the hall (full). Tried to hand over the petition directly to the congressman. Due to the crowd and his busy schedule, we just handed over the petition(along with signatures) to his secretary Jennifer. She said she will hand it over to congressman for review. After that, we met Patty, the lady who looks after immigration issues. I met patty earlier at congressman's office in fullerton when I went there to handover our petition. I reintroduced myself to her (she vaguely remembered me), asked her, whether the congressman had a chance to review the petition, which I submitted earlier. She said no. I mentioned to her that I resubmitted the petition to Jennifer. She asked me to contact her sometime in mid-jan to check about the status. I'll contact her again next month.

I am also planning to submit the petition to Congresswoman Jane Harman(D - CA 36th). Some how, I feel that, republicans dont even bother to take a look at the immigrant petitions(my personal opinion).

Originally posted by kashmir
I will leave San Francisco Bay Area for Southern California soon.
See you at Ambala Dhaba at 1:30pm on 12/06/2003,
-kashmir
I'm back from Southern California just before.

It was my 7th town hall meeting but the 1st Republican one.
The mood of the meeting was pretty different from Democrat's ones in Bay Area.
Especially, it was held in the Joint Forces Training Base, so there were lot of soldiers with camouflaged clothes,
and 80% of discusstions were related to the noise pollution of helicopters.

As CS485 described, it is our homework how to handle Republicans.
Anyway, it was a great experience to attend the meeting with CS485 and "Who cares".
-kashmir

Update and future plans.

Thanks CS485 and Kashmir for your time. Its was reallyl great meeting you guys.

Applicants living in LA and surrounding areas, next time our aim is to get at least 15 - 20 of you to go with us. We need your help. It definetely will have an impact with more people in attendance while submitting the petition. We did submit this 200 page petition once again to the Congressman's Sr.Staff Assistant . She said she will forward the petition in 2nd week of January. Eventhough , we are not optimistic coming out of the meeting we thought it is worth a try. There is no harm in trying.

Thanks Kashmir for driving all the way from Northern California for this cause. Your unselfish service to the immigrant community is greatly appreciated.

CS485 & Kashmir, as a follow up, shall we send an email or letter to Congressman Royce thanking him for the oppurtunity and also also mentioning that we handed over the petition to his staff.

Thanks
WC

Re: Followup

>>CS485 & Kashmir, as a follow up, shall we send an email or letter to Congressman Royce thanking him for the oppurtunity and also also mentioning that we handed over the petition to his staff.

I think thats a good idea.

Faxed to Ed Royce's Washington DC office - Re: Re: Followup

I have just faxed to Ed Royce's Washington D.C. office to follow up the town hall meeting.
-kashmir
Originally posted by CS485
>>CS485 & Kashmir, as a follow up, shall we send an email or letter to Congressman Royce thanking him for the oppurtunity and also also mentioning that we handed over the petition to his staff.
I think thats a good idea.

Linda Sanchez (D CA 39th)

"wac-ed in CA" and I (kashmir) had already faxed to Linda Sanchez last week.
She is a Democrat and a member of House, Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Immigration,
so I think she is one of key person in Southern California.

Can somebody in CA 39th district contact her office ?
-kashmir

Kashmir,

I dont know any person who lives in that area.

Who Cares,
Do u have any friend who lives in that area. May be we could use that person's address and submit a petition(if its ok with u and ur friend).

Called to Ed Royce's Washington DC office

I have just faxed to Ed Royce's Washington D.C. office to follow up the town hall meeting.
-kashmir
I called to Ed Royce's Washington DC office.
I asked an operator to forward a call to a staff handling Immigration issues.
I talked with Mr. Darrin.
I told that we had handed the document at the town hall meeting, but he had not seen it yet.
Also, I told him to ask Congressman to talk/write to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC.
He told me that he would see the document at first.
-kashmir

Thanks Kashmir

Thanks Kashmir. Linda Sanchez is Congresswoman for Lakewood area. I have no friends living there. Can somebody living in and around Lakewood come forward to volunteer?
We can go as a group and submit the petition in her office if need be.
Thanks
WC

I just moved in Bellflower...

I moved in bellflower last November 21. I don't know what to do. :( I just started my job in Irvine last December 8. I wanted to help but I don't know how. I could not afford to be absent from work since I just started, but if you wanted me to do something, I will be willing to do it.

BTW, Bellflower is near Lakewood and Cerritos. I checked in the congress lookup, it seems my representative is Cong. Allard?

If you need to get hold of me just email me at natabel@verizon.net

Regards.

Re: TRANSFERs to L.A. District Office

Please check my TRANSFER related thread.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107066

L.A. District Office seems the worst.
Santa Ana District Office might be better.

I recommend you to take some action before your case would be transferred to L.A. District Office.
It was just my advice to residents in L.A. area.
I will not take the initiative for this issue.

Hi guys.

I just got back to US after taking some times off from work. I have been following Kashmir et al's moves and bravo to you guys. And now that I am back in US, I would like to help you guys.

I live in Santa Monica and my congressman is Henry A Waxman for the 30th district. Looking into his website, he is more focusing into health and environmental issues. Should I still fax the petition letter to him? I work in South Gate and Linda Sanchez is the rep for South Gate, can I use my office address instead?

Welcome back in the States, defunk .

> I live in Santa Monica and my congressman is Henry A Waxman for the 30th district.

Basically, your representative is determined by your residential address.

> I work in South Gate and Linda Sanchez is the rep for South Gate,

Congresswoman Linda Sanchez is a member of Subcommittee on Immigration, so she is very important.
You may find a colleague living in her district.