Call for LA volunteers

lawaiter02

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to Kashmir, 140_takes_forever for taking the lead in northern CA.

I would like to have something similar in the LA/OC area. Please respond with the level of involvement possible from your side.

I am willing to participate in meetings with representatives etc as well as faxing but do not have time for organizing meetings as I attend grad school in addition to a full time job.

My representative currently is Diane E. Watson but will be moving soon to OC.

Representative Diane E. Watson
4322 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90010
phone: 323-965-1422
fax: 323-965-1113

Representative Ed Royce
305 North Harbor Blvd., Suite 300
Fullerton, CA 92832
Phone: (714) 992-8081
Fax: (714) 992-1668

Originally posted by lawaiter02
I would like to have something similar in the LA/OC area. Please respond with the level of involvement possible from your side.
I am willing to participate in meetings with representatives etc as well as faxing but do not have time for organizing meetings as I attend grad school in addition to a full time job.
It is terrific that you have decided to do something about the situation. If you need some assistance on this front just ping us, we will be glad to help.

Organizing the meeting is a misnomer, there is no need for you to take more time out of your busy schedule than necessary. Just your presence as a show of hands is contribution enough.

Here is my suggestion on the organization of the movement in Southern California region:
1. Each volunteer, take the responsibility of finding out the next date of town meeting with his/her representative.
2. Post the information along with clear instructions as to directions and a central place to meet.
3. Request RSVP's from other show of hands volunteers and voila you have organization complete.

If more of us participate in this process we will shake the congress! Thanks once again to you and other volunteers out there who are making the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
count me in

Count me in too for Ed Royce's town hall meeting. Lets meet at a common place and proceed to the meeting. Any suggestions?

Re: Count me in

Originally posted by vision2001
Question: how will we recognize each other that we are for the same cause.
The petition to be handed over is a 2 inch thick document! Anyone you see with that document in hand, you know is someone from the show of hands group! :)

On a serious note though, if someone who knows the layout of the place suggests a prominent landmark, like a fountain or statue (usually either of the two are always present), people can congregate there and hook up with each other.

We have the following volunteers for the meeting with Royce:
Vision2001
Who Cares
Kashmir

For convenience, here is the address for this meeting on this thread:
Los Alamitos
Saturday, December 6th
2:30-4:30 p.m.
Joint Forces Training Base
Building 19, Colonial Room
4745 Yorktown Ave

Kashmir,
Unfortunately, I cannot make it this Saturday as I have to go for classes....

In the meantime, I will take the initiative with Diane Watson and send a few faxes and see if an appointment can be made.

Anybody else in the West LA area to join me?

Ed Royce (D CA 40th) Town Hall Meeting in Los Alamitos 12/06/2003

Congressman Ed Royce Town Hall Meetings

Attendees:
  • CS485
  • vision2001
  • Who Cares
  • kashmir
Los Alamitos
Saturday, December 6th, 2003
4745 Yorktown Ave
(Thomas Guide/ Orange County p.797 B-3)

I will bring two sets of documents:
1) the petition (8 pages)
2) list of signatures (150+ pages)

TO: Each attendee;
Please bring your own cover letter.
See you on Saturday,
-kashmir

Kashmir or anyone - Any format for cover letteras I want to cover all topics

Thanks in advance for your help and see you tommorrow in Los Alamitos.

vision2001,

Please find attached a sample cover letter that you can modify. Your own personal story when added to a form letter will make it seem that much more personal and poignant.

Kashmir,

Please add sscsc and family, to the list of people who will be showing up at the meeting. Apparently your pm box is full and the message sent by sscsc bounced back.

Also, more importantly, does anyone know the area around the meeting hall well? If so, could you please post clear directions of a easily visible place where all the volunteers can meet up?

If you guys meet up, you can discuss your basic agenda, and points that you want to bring forth to the Congressman. Also, a couple of you who live in the 40th district can volunteer as liason's between the congressman's office and our community.

Faxed to Ed Royce district office in Fullerton

I have just faxed my cover letter and 8 page of petition to Ed Royce's district office in Fullerton.
I will bring also 181 pages of the list of 3,769 signatures that have just printed out.
See you tomorrow,
-kashmir

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

December 5, 2003

Congressman Ed Royce
305 N. Harbor Blvd., #300
Fullerton, CA 92832
Phone: (714) 992-8081
Fax: (714) 992-1668

RE: ImmigrationPortal.Com Immigration Benefits Backlog Petition
Request to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC, to Allocate Dedicated Resource for EB I-485

Dear Congressman Ed Royce;

I am one of Employment based (EB) I-485 applicants suffering from the current huge backlog at the California Service Center (CSC), US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community -- ImmigrationPortal.Com. Attached is our Immigration Benefits Backlog Petition. We will attend the town hall meeting in Los Alamitos on December 6, 2003.

The backlog of EB I-485 reached almost two years at the CSC, and it has been still growing. Security Checks are always used as an excuse. However, Naturalization backlog decreased 11% compared to one years ago. I wonder if it is really a matter of Security Checks. Not only Naturalization, among major types of applications at the CSC, only the EB I-485 backlog has been significantly growing. It must be the discrimination by the U.S. Government against innocent EB I-485 applicants such as legal workers paying tax and their dependents.

Could you please take our petition into consideration, and write to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC to allocate reasonable number of adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 so that the backlog would not grow more than two years ?

Best regards,

(my signature)
(my name)
(my address)

I live within 1 hour of there, but I decided to join you.
I will bring my personal cover letter with me.

Please let me know exactly where and when you are going to be there. This is something easy that we can do to help ourselves.

Could someone post when, where and how to get there directions to the meeting? It would be very useful to people. And there isn't much time left.

Could not find the address on mapblast

/yahoo maps

Los Alamitos
Saturday, December 6th, 2003
4745 Yorktown Ave

Please help for directions

Lets meet at Cerritos

Lets all meet at Ambala Dhaba in Cerritos at 1:30 pm on Saturday and go to the town hall meeting.
WC

For map to Ambala Dhaba

Use Yahoo maps and look for

Pioneer Blvd
Cerritos, CA 90703-5634

It is between 183 and 186 and on LHS if you are exiting from 405.

The time is 1:30 afternoon I will carry a poster for "ImmigrationPortal.com" on my silver Honda Accord car infront of Ambala Dhaba.

Looking forward to meet you all there.

Re: For map to Ambala Dhaba

Is it the same one ?
Ambala Dhaba 18143, Pioneer Blvd, Artesia, CA 90701 Ph 562-402-7990
Originally posted by vision2001
Pioneer Blvd
Cerritos, CA 90703-5634

I'll be at

Ambala Dhaba
18143, Pioneer Blvd,
Artesia,
CA 90701
Ph 562-402-7990

tomorrow, Saturday, December 6th, 2003, at 1.30 PM carrying my cover letter.