Call for an action 2

Luis

Registered Users (C)
I sent a similar letter to Senator Cleland and he forwarded my letter to Evelyn Upchurch, Director or the INS Southern Service Center, on 06/16/2002. Hope everybody could start flooding our request/complaint to same people so we could gather louder voice. Luis
Here is the letter from Senator Cleland:
"Thank you for your recent communication about your concerns. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention.
Because this matter is under the exclusive jurisdiction of U.S. immigration and Naturalization Service, I have no power to intervene, but I have taken the liberty of forwarding your correspondence to Ms. Evelyn Upchurch, Director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, Southern Service Center, who should be in touch with you shortly."

Please send out your letters to related authorities too!!! sample letter to VP

Vice President Richard Cheney
Eisenhower Executive Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20501

Subject: Complaint about the bad performance of TSC

Dear Mr. Vice President,

I, one of the 44,223+ I-485 (Adjustment of Status – the last step for Permanent Resident application) Applicants in the Texas Service Center, would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center compared to all other centers, CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center.

Various Processing reports for all the service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest. The TSC is still working on late July 2000 cases. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year.

Listed below are the processing times in various service centers:

Service Center Currently processing cases filed in
VSC June 2001
NSC May 2001
CSC June 2001
TSC July 2000

As a direct comparison, CSC and TSC regularly handle about the same number of cases.
So there is no reason why TSC cannot adjudicate cases faster than they currently are.
Although, we know that processing times in the four service centers cannot be exactly identical, we do however feel that TSC can do better.

We know that in the past, individuals have contacted your office regarding their individual cases, but we feel that it is time to collectively express our dilemma, frustrations and concerns with the manner in which our cases are being handled.
Most of us have been waiting patiently for a decision from TSC for almost 2 years, but haven’t heard anything so far. Our fingerprints are expiring or already expired.
For those of us who filed employment based immigrant application, we are constantly living in fear of losing our jobs in this current delicate economy.

We therefore would like to ask for your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate our I-485 cases in a more expeditious manner.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Print Name
Your Address

People and Addresses to send your letter !!!!!!!!!!!!

Use the following link to find your Senates and Congressman. Thanks.

http://congress.org/
http://www.usdoj.gov/
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/index.htm
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/texas/aboutus.htm

President George Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Vice President Richard Cheney
Eisenhower Executive Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20501

Attorney General John Ashcroft
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001
AskDOJ@usdoj.gov

Mr. James W. Ziglar
Commissioner
Immigration and Naturalization Service
425 I ("Eye") Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536

Ms. Evelyn Upchurch
Director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
Southern Service Center
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

Guys, Please take your action if you have not done so!

Please send out your letters to related people! Your God to save you is yourself at this moment. Please take your action!!!

Qixin Zuo

Need your input on this

If TSC has pushed back the 485 processing time again (AVM), we need to do something. Writing/calling directors/commissioners/etc individually is certainly an option. Is it possible for us to unite and may be send letters digitally signed by all? That way we can send the same letter(s) to officials as well as media. I remember a similar campaign regarding the new restrictions over duration of stay for visitors.

Strategy!

Since we do have a huge number of people here, so I am thinking in addition to send to congress, we may also need to focus our "fire power" on a few "high profile" or members of immigration committee. This way our voice will be louder.

In the letter, we may also need to suggest transferring cases to other senators from devil TSC, just like I-140 did before.

Let decide who we should forward all our letters to...

I sent letters to my congressman and two senators all by FedEx. And I got response from all three of them. I think FedEx always gets more attention than regular mail or fax. I would like to know if you all are interested in concentrating forwarding our complaint to one or two offices and flooding them with mountains of FedEx or express/priority mail?!

I agree

I totally agree with blue_eagle and ayansgp. I have already mailed and faxed one letter to the president, vp, INS comm., TSC director, and congressman and senator in GA. I think think they will even look at this letter. We should do something together. I think the saying" UNITED WE STAN AND DIVIDED WE FALL" is apt for this situation. If eveybody agrees please post here. I can draft a strong letter and than email to all of us, so we can sign digitally and forward it to concerned authority. Also, if you guys have any pull at the local radio stations, we should take advantage of that. I will be trying to contact Neil Boortz\'s office in Atlanta and see if he can help us in anyway. He is a strong and influential radio host. Also contacting Rush Limbo and Shawn Henety will help.

Lets do this

NDINDIA, good job! Draft a letter and email it to people. The main aim should be to correct INS, Texas processing in comparison to other INSs (thats what I think). This letter should only be sent to TSC director and above. I contacted congressman in Atlanta, GA about my case and got a response from INS saying only 2 more years for my case (ND 8/30/2001). Thats why I\'m not that confidant about contacting congressmen regarding TSC processing delays/procedures :)

The best way to express our frustration - Peaceful Protest at TSC Bldg

May be TSC is unaware of all our problems. I am not sure whether writing these letters will work or not. First of all, we have to grab the attention of TSC Director and explain the problems. I suspect that all our letters may not be reaching TSC Director. I ultimately suggest to have a peaceful protest in front of TSC building. We could draw the media attention also. If we can\'t do it just forget about and pray the GOD.

This is a good idea too

TSC98, you may be right. I agree with you. Physical presence may have more impact that mere letters. Iam in for your idea. If I have to fly to Texas, I will do that. LETS DO THAT..............GUYS!

May be people are scared to participatein peaceful protest at TSC

I have checked with my attorney and others also, it is not illegal to have peaceful protest at TSC building. Lot of people are working around Dallas and they could participate in it. Those who are living out of Dallas need not fly-down/drive-down from far places. Everyone is thinking that \'someone will do some thing and why should I put my head alone into it\'. That\'s what it is happening now. Finally, if we can\'t do it just forget it and express the frustration over this board. Will it solve the problem?

Do not know which is the right way, just do it.

There will be so many way to achieve the task. Just do it. What ever make people comfortable. I will do as much as it take. Have you sent your mail today while you are scratching your head for other better thing to do tomorrow?

LETS DECIDE THE DATE AND GET ONTO IT

Some body from Dallas area has to get the permit to do so and then we all can meet. Please take the initiative to fix the date. Iam from Atlanta, ga. I will fly there anyday. Please ...somebody from Dallas area take the initiative.