California Service Center Processing Time

Processing Time

I noticed that it isn't update either right before and now after they approved our application. Don't know why :(

Originally posted by TomSandidge
Lena,
As long as I have been watching, CSC has virtually always been later than the rest to update status.
I guess they have been updating the case status thing as new waiting time frames are 150-180 days now.

approved

my visa for my fiancee was approved last Oct. 10...at last! it took 5 long months. does anyone knows how long from this point for her to fly to the U.S.?

Thanks.

Re: approved

Originally posted by rsoliman
my visa for my fiancee was approved last Oct. 10...at last! it took 5 long months. does anyone knows how long from this point for her to fly to the U.S.?
Thanks.
You are lucky! Congrats!
Now everything depends on the country your fiancee's in - how soon the local us consulate schedules interviews.

Online case status

Hello everyone,

I just checked the online case status for both I 130 and I 129F and it states 990 days to 990 days for I130 and 60 days to 90 days for the I129F.

I also checked the processing time chart and it differs quite a bit from what the case status shows.

I filed the I130 on feb 28th 2003 and according to the chart, they are processing apps recieved on the feb 5th.

Filed I129F on sep 16th and the chart shows they are processing may 28 2003.

Can anyone tell me if I should go by the online case status or the chart?

Very confused and frustrated by this visa processing siege.

Thank you in advance,

Shaz

processing times

try to talk to one or two live INS agents on the phone! though their answers may differ a bit, still you will get an idea!

Thank you for the response Lena, I think I might head back to USA since I spoke to the American Consulate and they say that I should go back to USA because if I stay in Pakistan, my wife might not be approved for her visa since we are together.

Shaz

Not approved because you are there? This is BS! Who can decide for you where you should be waiting for her visa?

I hear you Lena it is need mind bogling to think that they can dictate my chosen place to live. But I spoke to a interviewer at the American consulate in Islamabad, Karachi and he adviced me to head back to US cause on occasions he has seen applications denied due to the family being together. He said that the purpose of a visa is to reunite the family and since we are together, it might not get approved.

So I am forced to leave my wife and one year old son here.

Anyone been through similar situations as I?

Thank you again for your response Lena.

Shaz

I just checked the BCIS case status for my wifes I129F and now it says that

"On December 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Man Im nervous, I wonder what they requested because I havent heard anything from my father who is at my house in USA.

Does anyone know if they always send a notice of this type or they send a notice of approval?

Shaz

For shaz 1972

Hey, shaz 1972!!!
We also got RFI at 5 Nov. Expekt with the RFI at least 2-3 months delay K-3 visa. They do that , give RFI, when they want to delay your approve. Its so sad that some people there can play with our lifes and agains GOD. Family is given from GOD, no man should stop that...
GOD BLESS!!! Be strong!!!

damn say it aint so?? that would really suck if its true, but from what I've read in this thread, they have requested further info and processed it in a timely manner. Im hoping such is the case in my situation.

Shaz1972

Dear, shaz 1972, That is what any one with delay K-3 visa got, RFI, the same thing you will get at mail... Some people get aprove just few weeks after they sent back the papers after RFI, but very few people..most of Canadians....I feel so much down from all this nightmare, but what to do.......
GOD BLESS!!!

Just received the notice of evidence. 12/14/2003. I forgot to include a copy of the reciept from I 130. dumb dumb dumb.

anyway here is my timeline for I129F.

APP RECEIVED ON SEPTEMBER 16TH 2003
FIRST NOA DECEMBER 14TH 2003. (130 RECEIPT)
SENT THE 130 RECEIPT ON DECEMBER 15TH 2003

Sent my I130 receipt on the 15th and they received it on the 22nd.

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On December 22, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

You were right Neil. I still have hope though.

RFE for K-3

Exaktly the same note we got!!!!
Now day 35th after they recieved our RFE back....still nothing!!!
GOD BLESS and Merry Christmas to all!!!!

My updated timeline...

3/12/2003 - I-120F Application received by CSC (although the website says 3/13/2003)

7/14/2003 - Request for additional information/Evidence.
(Needed a copy of Wilma's Birth Certificate or Passport for DOB verification)

7/22/2003 - CSC received our additional information/Evidence.

7/29/2003 - CSC approved our Petition and forwarded to NVC.

8/8/2003 - NVC forwarded our approved petition to US Embassy in Santiago, Chile. (Stating that my fiancée, Wilma, will be getting her packet within a couple of weeks)

8/24/2004 - Wilma received her packet. Instructions (DSL-1076), Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (DS-230) and Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application (DS-156K).

8/26/2003 - Wilma sent DS-156, DS-156K and Bottom of DSL-1076 to US Embassy in Santiago.

8/28/2003 - Wilma received a call from a gentleman at the US Embassy asking when she would be a available for her interview and stated he would get her the information on her Medical Exam details on Monday (9/1/2003).

9/4/2003 - We sent an email to the Embassy because we expected to have some news based on the gentleman's comments about calling on Monday. No one called, as Monday was a US holiday (celebrated at the Embassy also).

9/6/2003 - Wilma received a response to our email. Her appoinment has been set for 10/2/2003. Boooooo hooooo. We expected it to be much sooner. At least we now have a date. The gentleman also went on to state that the Medical Exam Instructions have been sent via courier.

9/8/2003 - Wilma received her Medical Exam Instructions. There are only two physicians she can see, they are both in Santiago, which is about an hour and a half drive. Luckily, she has family members there. The normal fee is $100 US. There are some guidelines about vision, deseases, vacinations, etc. The instructions go on to say that the Medical Exam results will be couriered from the physician's office to the Embassy. We also are led to believe that the Visa will be couriered to Wilma 2-3 days after the interview. We have decided not to make any travel plans until we have the visa in-hand.

9/22/2003 - Wilma went for her Medical Exam. Even though she already had all the necesary vaccinations, they gave them again. They took some blood for other tests, charged her $100 US and said everything was normal and they will call with the blood test results in a couple of days.

9/25/2003 - Blood test was negative of any diseases (thank God, you never know).

10/02/2003 - Wilma had her interview. They asked where she will live (with me). They asked her if I have any children (yes, four) and will they live with us (they come over every other weekend). They asked if she will work (she plans on not working right away, but the possiblity is open). They asked why she wants to come to the US (to marry me, we love one-another and due to my children, it makes more sense for her to come here). They asked her what kind of work I do (I work with computers in a school district). They asked her to be more specific (I am the database administrator for the student records system). They asked her for copies of the last three months of my paystubs and a certified copy or original of my divorce degree.

(As Timothy has stated they are the only ones who know the rules to this game, and they change them as we go)

10/07/2003 - I sent the documents today via Fed-Ex. She should get them Friday. She will courier them to the embassy.

11/05/2003 - Visa was issued and couriered to Wilma.

11/07/2003 - Wilma recieved Visa and packet.

11/13/2003 - Wilma left Santiago Chile enroute to Tucson , AZ.

11/14/2003 - Wilma encountered weather problems and was layed over in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.

11/15/2003 - Wilma arrived in Tucson! And Saffi, her dog, too! Her entry interview was very short, virtually non-existent. Entry issued, vaild until 02/15/2003. :D

12/01/2003 - We went down to get her EAD, as it wasn't issued ar POE. We were told to return on 12/03/2003.

12/03/2003 - Wilma got her EAD. :)

12/23/2003 - Applied for SSN.

01/17/2004 - Planned wedding date. :D

Good Luck to all.

This Blows!!

Well Im on my way back to Los Angeles and the only thing I can do is call and bug them everyday. I know that it probably wont do any good but at the least, it will reduce my aggrevation somewhat. Merry Xmas all.

Anyone else in the same situation as I?

Im back in LA and will be going to the CSD in the morning, anyone been there? any ideas how they operate?