California Immigration Lawyers?!

tangierx

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
I've been stuck on name check since March 2006. I made many infopass appointments and I've sent letters to my congressman and my two senators. However, Last time I checked my case status online it shows that my case is being process in Missouri Service Center! Does anyone know what the hell does this mean? I went for my interview in San Bernardino, CA and I'm just wondering how come my case is in Missouri :( Also, Should I start filing the WOM? One more thing, Does anyone know of a good Immigration lawyer here in southern california? Because I'm thinking of suing the USCIS using a good lawyer. Please inform!!
Regards,
NK

Just ignore the fact that it says "MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER" on the USCIS website, that's a red herring. They recently changed their website text and now it puts where your case is based on the first 3 letters of the receipt number. So basically for all family based cases it will say "MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER" regardless of if its actually there.

Unless you've recieved a letter saying it was transferred back there, I'd bet money its still at San Bernadino,CA.

Sorry I can't help you with the lawyer question.