Case # : ******
DOT Code : 999.151-031
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Applications
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $102000.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 05/14/2002
Current Status : Certified—FINAL ACTION On 06/17/2003

More details about the company:
Medium sized internet company in SF BayARea with NO layoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
adjuneja:

Can you please tell a little bit more about what technologies you are working in? also do you have some idea how many resumes were received and how the lawyer's justified that nobody matched your profile.

Thanks

nkuser

Technologies

Application development in C++. No rocket science. Company is one of the largest online auction company in San Jose.

Check this

After 2yrs of wait time my case got Remand Issued to State.

some of the cases from my employer. all got Remand Issued to State.

Its like end of the world for me.

code/description/RD/Status

999.151-032 Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software 08/02/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/06/2003.

999.151-032 Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software 08/20/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/17/2003.

999.151-021 Computer Programmers 08/20/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/17/2003.

999.151-032 Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software 08/23/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

999.151-032 Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software 08/23/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

999.151-021 Computer Programmers 08/23/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

999.151-021 Computer Programmers 08/23/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

999.151-021 Computer Programmers 08/26/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

999.151-021 Computer Programmers08/28/2002 Remand Issued to State On 06/20/2003.

-wanna_my_GC

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear this news..

Have there been a lot of layoffs at your company in the past two years? It looks as if DOL was specifically after your employer, but who knows...

Can you make any educated guess- or do you have any information as to why this many rejections are there at your company???

Take heart, PERM is coming hopefully next year!

Ana

Re: I am sorry to hear this news..

Ana,

There was some layoffs in Administration staff but there were no layoffs in my skill set. I am tring to get in touch with my HR. I will keep the forum updated if I hear back.

-wanna_my_GC

Message to toy3kin192

Hi toy3kin192,
Can you run your program and post then latest file since its been more than a month?
I would highly appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
srpot

t3k, please upload the text file.

hi t3k

we are waiting for the latest data status file on yahoo. If possible please run your program for nov/dec 2002 too.

Warms regards.
-DesiPardesii

Re: Re: I am sorry to hear this news..

Hi

Question in case if the case asked for Market Re-test will the AVM says as Query or Remanded to State.

Thx

2hard2guess

I recieved the Retest letter and the AVM is still playing old message, so this means DOL doesn't update until it makes a decision of some sort.

Re: 2hard2guess

what message is played in the AVM?

Originally posted by 2hard2getGC
I recieved the Retest letter and the AVM is still playing old message, so this means DOL doesn't update until it makes a decision of some sort.

Same status

In my case, it continued to say "Current Status : Received Regional Office On 05/14/2002." even after getting the retest letter.

Once the lawyer replied to the letter, status changed to certified
"Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 06/17/2003."

thanks VCB

Vcb,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Per your advice I sent a mail my HR and attorney.

Here is the reply from my attorney..
"Even though they are currently working cases received in July 2002, they have not adjudicated cases received earlier that year (your case was received March 21, 2002). Your case is currently with a case analyst, but no decision has been made."

What should I do now?

Thanks,
Varma

Varma,

Your attorney is right. from some sources, I heard DOL officer can take upto 6 months to make a decision on your case. now DOL is processing AUgest cases and your case RD is march, you can count the time and ask your attorney after few weeks.

Thanks
VCB

thanks & congratulations

VCB,

Thanks and congratulations..

Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

-Varma

NOF Received with 2 options only:

Hi All,

My immigration people just informed me that DOL has sent back my Labor Cert application with a 2-options letter: either go back to state OR retest the market with an ad. The HR lady told my manager (and me) that her recommendation is to go back to state. Is that the correct thing to do?? Is it better to retest the market?? My application was filed as a Software Design Engineer (RIR) and my PD was 08/17/2001 and rec'd at DOL on 06/26/2002. I do not know the case number. What should I do now?? Please advise.

Thanks,
lsk_gc

PS: How do I get the case number abd the DOT code??

lsk

I think retesting is better. But it also depends on the company and the position you are in now. If the company has been laying off people, they tend NOT to retest the market. They cannot say that they have been laying off other people in similar positions (citizens + GC holders) and they still want you.

Try to convince them that retesting market means putting ad for one day (typically) and going through the responses (which the HR should be willing to do.)

Good Luck.
-Dumeel

Re: NOF Received with 2 options only:

The decision depends on several factors and although you might get some input from this forum, make sure you collect all the relevant information to answer a question of this gravity...
For a start, browse the messages here and you'll see that people got approved after retest of the market. Some LCs are remanded to state without even giving the 2-3 option letter...

If you decide not to retest, your case will go back to the normal - non RIR - processing cue with keeping the original priority date with EDD, and this could easily mean another year or two of waiting time. In which case you can extend your H1b status with annual increments.

So I would say that whether the restest is an option or not depends and your postion, DOT code, your company. Your company and you will have to make the decision as to what to do since DOL makes decisions on a case by case basis- or so they say.
Consult your lawyer and try to figure out what are the chances that your company for your position can submit a favorable market retest.

you can get your case number:
1. from the file DOL sent to your HR dept or immigration lawyer
2. from emailing to DOL one of the following inf:
LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

Since you don't know your case number, any of the other options will retrieve all of the cases filed by your employer and you'll have to sort out info.

Best,
Ana

Originally posted by lsk_gc
Hi All,

My immigration people just informed me that DOL has sent back my Labor Cert application with a 2-options letter: either go back to state OR retest the market with an ad. The HR lady told my manager (and me) that her recommendation is to go back to state. Is that the correct thing to do?? Is it better to retest the market?? My application was filed as a Software Design Engineer (RIR) and my PD was 08/17/2001 and rec'd at DOL on 06/26/2002. I do not know the case number. What should I do now?? Please advise.

Thanks,
lsk_gc

PS: How do I get the case number abd the DOT code??

Thanks Dumeel and Ana,

Initially, my manager told that if the #resumes exceeded about 10, then he would be averse to taking the retest option.

After some encouragemnt from me, he talked to another manager. Manager #2 told us that he had retested the market for one of his engineers and the algorithm was that if he got a perfect resume match in the retest, then they would withdraw the retest option and remand the app to state. The same algorithm may be applied for me. Is that okay??

Thanks,
lsk_gc

PS: the lawyer is out of the loop. somehow the HR folks seem to be running the show. Is that the case with most of you??

Status
Not open for further replies.