California DMV record

dougalted

Registered Users (C)
Lately has anyone requested DMV record by mail from California? Could you share how much time it takes usually to get the record? I have been waiting for little more than 4 weeks and no words yet. I have filled INF1125 form (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inf/inf1125.pdf) as described at http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/genfaq.htm#BM2547 along with $5.00 personal check. As of today the check has not been cashed.

I haved moved to another state so walk-in is not an option for me. Your input is much appreciated.

Regards,

i had requested my DMV record last year by mail using INF1125. i got my record back in the mail in about 2 months. don't remember how long it took for them to cash my check though. you may want to call the DMV 800 number, just to see if they can locate your request.

Hello sarmad,
Thank you for your help. I guess I will have to wait for CA DMV office. On the other hand, how does the walk-in system work, do you get a printed record on the same day if you just show up, fill up the necessary form and pay a $5.00 fee?

Anybody with walk-in experience for CA DMV? Also since I have moved out of California, I have a new license from Texas now (they have taken the CA license). Will that be an issue? I have my old license number though. I am thinking if I take a short trip in the near future I can just try showing up at any DMV office in California. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Why DMV record?

Why does one need a DMV record? Do we have to send DMV records with the citizenship application? I have had licenses in four states before the one I have currently, so does that mean I should DMV record from each state? Also, are these records needed before filing the application or during the interview process? Any advice is highly appreciated.

dougalted said:
Hello sarmad,
Thank you for your help. I guess I will have to wait for CA DMV office. On the other hand, how does the walk-in system work, do you get a printed record on the same day if you just show up, fill up the necessary form and pay a $5.00 fee?

Anybody with walk-in experience for CA DMV? Also since I have moved out of California, I have a new license from Texas now (they have taken the CA license). Will that be an issue? I have my old license number though. I am thinking if I take a short trip in the near future I can just try showing up at any DMV office in California. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

i went to my local CA DMV to get my driving record. It cost me $5 and they printed me out the result right the way.

Hi ocworker,
Thank you for the information. Do you think (or anybody else) that I could walk into a California DMV office with my Texas license and they will be able to provide my history? I can't see any other way to get it any quicker (it's been 5 weeks now, I am waiting for CA DMV to process my mailed request)?

Regards,

To neelmanish,
I believe you need to have your DMV records only during the interview. Experts please correct me if I am wrong.

dougalted said:
Hi ocworker,
Thank you for the information. Do you think (or anybody else) that I could walk into a California DMV office with my Texas license and they will be able to provide my history? I can't see any other way to get it any quicker (it's been 5 weeks now, I am waiting for CA DMV to process my mailed request)?

Regards,

To neelmanish,
I believe you need to have your DMV records only during the interview. Experts please correct me if I am wrong.

i believe they would have a way to link your TX back to your old CA driver license. When I moved from GA back to CA, I showed my GA driver license in CA DMV, they issued the CA driver license to me and i noticed the driver license number was from my previous CA DL.