• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Cairo interview experience

khalidSD

Registered Users (C)
Greetings everyone, I hoped to write sooner but I'm having some connectivity issues. I had my interview as scheduled on 9/11. It was ,as described by previous posts, very easy & straight forward with no questions asked!!
I arrived at 6:50 , security check at 7:10, waited inside a full waiting hall, at 7:30 a guy showed up on a side desk & helped Dv applicants order their documents, i was called to a window by name where a not-so-happy old lady took my birth cert, police rcrd,medicals, photos and my university certificate she asked if i had a transcript for my degree which i handed to her, i then went and paid 775$ and 10$ for Dhl, waited for 30 min when i was called to do fingerprints, at 9:50 i was called for interview where a nice man was standing :
Consul: good morning sir, do u speak english or arabic?
Me : both
Consul: great cuz my arabic is not that good, do u swear that everything is true?
Me: I do
Consul: please sign here (form that i sent), can i have the recipet & Dhl invoice
Consul: everything is in order Sir, I'm going to approve your case let me be the 1st to congratulate you
Me : thank you !!!!!
Me : when will I get the passport back?
Consul: within a week

I couldn't have wished for a better interview :)
I haven't recieved my visa yet but i suppose its going to take more time pending some security clearance :s
Sept 30 is sooo close , i'm hopefull that I'll make it :))

This forum was very helpful through the tireless wait
My deepest gratitude to everyone of you

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulation

i am very happy for you , i am from egypt too , my case number 35** and my interview in the last week of november , i want you to mail me at compuemina@yahoo.com to ask you about someting important , please do not late

Its finnaly here!

today I received my passport from DHL with the visa stamp + brown envelope, visa was issued on 9/14 !!! I really don't know why the postman hates me!!? but it doesn't matter anymore :))))
I'm so grateful for this forum
Thnx guys 4 everything