CA DMV License on EAD during 485

ghost-rider

Registered Users (C)
Please post who has done there DMV licenses renewed or changed to California from different state on EAD in california . I hv NJ and my wife CA which are expiring soon so i need to convert/renew it . I heard different stories from EAST cost DMVs so will like to know how DMV in Ca reacts to EAD and 485.

My DL

well, I am in EAD/AP and my H1B expired last month.

I moved to CA from PA three years back. Although my H1B was only valid for a year that time, they gave me a DL for 3 years. I received a DL renewal notice by mail last month and responded to it. I received a DL for five years yesterday. Its valid upto June 2008.

DBM
WAC 02-186

I moved from FL to CA two month ago. I went to DMV to get DL using EAD. They did not ask any question about it. The only problem is that I got only a temporary DL, which lasts only three months, and it may take up to 1 year to get the real one. The backlogs in California are amazing to me.

my DL was expired 2 months ago and I didn't notice that. After I realized it, I went to DMV last month and had it renewed for another 5 years, no any problem.

Could someone explain is it necessary to use EAD for extension/change of DL when moved from one state to another if they still have h1b status.

-shassan