weeks, I approached a lender and got the pre_approval
based upon my credit score. And the final paper is
getting completed. My lender is asking me copy of my
H1B1 visa or Greencard. But I gave him my EAD Card and
I-145 Recepit and he don't have any idea about EAD or
-I-485. My H1B1 is expired on JUNE-2003 and I re-applied for
extneon of visa and I have the recepit as the proof
applied for H1B1 visa.

I am really scared my lender will not approve my loan .Is there any documentation or any letters from any where which we can send as a supporting documents to support the paper-work to support that we have applied for Greencard and I have the I-485 recepit and I am eligible to buy a home on this status of EAD-I-1485 status????

Please advice me if you have any paper_work or any links that support this kind of problem.

Thanks
Krishna

vxmehra98,
I am builing a new_home under new_construction ! and that will be finished in 20 days and my closing date in 20 days

Capitalism is the name of the game

So, buy/build a home or a mansion or even a Bently; no one simply cares as long as you got good credit.

They just want your money man, that's it. It helps the economy. No one cares what's your status when it comes to spending money; but they care when it's time for you to make money.

Best of luck with your dream house.

House

Hi Krishna,

First, congratulations on your new house! :D

We were in similar situation - we bought our house last year, when our 140 was not even filed yet (it was filed March 2003).
The loan agent just asked for a statement from us saying that the company is sponoring for our permanent residency, that is it.

So, we requested such a letter with company letterhead from HR, then it is done. Easy. Those Americans don't have a clue what 140 is, or 485 or Labor Certificate .... Just let them know that you are going to stay in this country - that is what they care, anyway.

Wish you good luck! :cool:

Against the law

Lenders should NOT discriminate based on status. Bottom line is you need to prove you have sufficient cash and be able to pay the mortgage.

Any foreigner can buy a house in this country - when it comes down to selling, if you're not a resident, than there are some tax issues.

Enjoy your new house!

Thanks for your positive replys....I am still waiting andf searching for a kind of paper_work that can support the documents. :(