Business Analyst under Computer Systems Analyst with no CSE degree - TN Status

Raj2023

Hello,

I have worked in the past on H1B as an IT Business Analyst for 6 years. I completed an MBA in the USA itself prior to getting an H1B.

I became a Canadian recently and am looking to work in TN for a few years as a Business Analyst.

I have 9-10 years experience as a business analyst both in the USA and Canada. I have a Bachelors in Technology(Not IT and computer science)

1) Is an IT or computer science degree mandatory for a TN visa as a Computer Systems Analyst?
2) What is the criteria to get a TN visa approved successfully?
3) I live near Windsor, Ontario and am thinking of going to the mid-west for work. Can I apply for a TN in Detroit after getting a job/contract?
4) In-case of the end of my employment, can I exit on a TN visa and re-enter on a Canadian passport and find another job?
4) Is it alright to get a contract through a staffing agency rather than getting hired directly by a large company?

Thank you in advance!

Raj

Business analyst is not a CSA, which you don;t have the quals for anyways.

You need to try some other angle, like Management Consultant.

1) Is an IT or computer science degree mandatory for a TN visa as a Computer Systems Analyst?
2) What is the criteria to get a TN visa approved successfully?
3) I live near Windsor, Ontario and am thinking of going to the mid-west for work. Can I apply for a TN in Detroit after getting a job/contract?
4) In-case of the end of my employment, can I exit on a TN visa and re-enter on a Canadian passport and find another job?
4) Is it alright to get a contract through a staffing agency rather than getting hired directly by a large company?

1. Your education has to be related to your category, and your category has to reasonably encompass your actual job. It's a tough slog to convince a border officer that your transcript, which contains hardly any computer-related courses, would be related to "computer systems analyst"
2. this is all over, google it or search these forums
3. You ALWAYS apply for a TN -after- getting a specific job offer from a specific company. You will apply at whichever border crossing you choose to enter the the USA
4a. There is no requirement to "exit" the USA.
4b. If you are asking "can you re-enter the USA with B-2 visitor (tourist) status and apply for jobs?" yes, you can.
4c. You can also search for jobs while in the USA on your TN status, or during the 60 day grace period that you are allowed to remain in the USA after your TN-related employment is terminated
5. Getting hired by a staffing company is fine, from a TN approval status. (from a career perspective, that's your call to make).

As nelsona already mentioned: business analyst != computer systems analyst. I think you need to look up the valid TN job categories and think hard about whether (a) you can actually get a job in a specific category (b) you education (if required) is actually related to that category.

Sure, here is the updated short answer:
  1. An IT or computer science degree is not strictly mandatory for a TN visa as a Business Analyst, but relevant experience and qualifications are important.
  2. To get a TN visa approved, you need a job offer in the U.S., proof of qualifications (degree and/or experience), and evidence that the job matches the TN category.
  3. Yes, you can apply for a TN visa in Detroit after securing a job or contract.
  4. If your employment ends, you can exit on a TN visa and re-enter with your Canadian passport to find another job.
  5. It is acceptable to get a contract through a staffing agency rather than being hired directly by a large company.