BS != 3 yr BSC + 2 yr PG Dip in Engg + M.Tech

anilt75, I replied to your message.
FYI: I am trying to get more info from my LC application and hope to have something by next week I will post all the details here for Greate Advise.

anilt75 said:
kgp,

Check your PM and respond.

Person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors

This was posted by GCVARUMA under Vermont thread: Definitly gave some hope on the point that: "a person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors"

-------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVARUMA
I got my 140 cleared in EB2. My labor stated " B.S or equiv. degree; Major field of Study:Computer Science, Engineering Math or equiv."+ 5 Yrs experience. In my case it was a B.Sc(3 yrs)+M.Sc(2yrs). Since the B.Sc is not equal to US B.S(4 yrs), I got my Masters evaluated to US masters and filed 140 in EB2 and got the approval(since a person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors). I was skeptical about my 140 approval and also my lawyer said that there was a 50-50 chance of my 140 approval.

No matter what qualification/experience/salary it finally boils down to what WORDING is present in your labor. Also these rules were there before 2001 itself but they are enforcing them more after 2001. Among the NSC, CSC, DSC AND VSC processing centers, NSC and VSC(I think) are more strictly enforcing it whereas CSC and DSC were not enforcing it. Why they were not enforcing it no one knows as each service center has their own way of doing things.

I was thanking God for getting my 140 approved in EB2. If it was rejected then it would have been a total mess.

Another thing is that the lawyers were aware of this in 2001 itself and when they filed my labor in 2003 they still did not word the labor right. Wonder how they get away with it because we can never get away with such a big screw-up at our workplace. They take the money and do a sloppy job. But then again they just don’t care as it is we who have to suffer and pay for their mistakes.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.
---------------------------------------------------------------
from KGP:
GCVARUMA, Congratulations,
your point that: "A person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors" gave me some hope. My case is similar to yours but it is EB3, Req in Labor says Bachelors Degree or equivalent + 2 years exp, And I have B.Sc(3yr) + PG Diplima in Engg (2 yr) + M.Tech.

M.Tech is evaluated as equivalent to Masters in USA. I am concerned if NSC will approve my case considering that I don't have a single Four years bachelors degree but I have a Masters Degree?

My evaluation says my BS+PG Dip as equv. to Bachelors in USA and M.Tech as EQUV. to Masters, Does yours evaluates similar way or is it good idea to evaluates Masters as Masters and nothing mentioned about Bachelors in the evaluation report, Who you used for evaluation?

- KGP

Hello,

I understand that you are new to this immigration matters and Service center policies.You know, there were no Educational issues in VSC/TSC/CSC at all. DO NOT compare with other service centers to NSC.

You know, After Bi specialization NSC/TSC processing 140’s. Even TSC excellent (pro immigrant). If your I-140 receives TSC then you will get 1000% approval. So, even TSC is not comparable with NSC.

Thanks,

kgp said:
This was posted by GCVARUMA under Vermont thread: Definitly gave some hope on the point that: "a person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors"

-------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVARUMA
I got my 140 cleared in EB2. My labor stated " B.S or equiv. degree; Major field of Study:Computer Science, Engineering Math or equiv."+ 5 Yrs experience. In my case it was a B.Sc(3 yrs)+M.Sc(2yrs). Since the B.Sc is not equal to US B.S(4 yrs), I got my Masters evaluated to US masters and filed 140 in EB2 and got the approval(since a person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors). I was skeptical about my 140 approval and also my lawyer said that there was a 50-50 chance of my 140 approval.

No matter what qualification/experience/salary it finally boils down to what WORDING is present in your labor. Also these rules were there before 2001 itself but they are enforcing them more after 2001. Among the NSC, CSC, DSC AND VSC processing centers, NSC and VSC(I think) are more strictly enforcing it whereas CSC and DSC were not enforcing it. Why they were not enforcing it no one knows as each service center has their own way of doing things.

I was thanking God for getting my 140 approved in EB2. If it was rejected then it would have been a total mess.

Another thing is that the lawyers were aware of this in 2001 itself and when they filed my labor in 2003 they still did not word the labor right. Wonder how they get away with it because we can never get away with such a big screw-up at our workplace. They take the money and do a sloppy job. But then again they just don’t care as it is we who have to suffer and pay for their mistakes.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.
---------------------------------------------------------------
from KGP:
GCVARUMA, Congratulations,
your point that: "A person with Masters can apply for a job that required a Bachelors" gave me some hope. My case is similar to yours but it is EB3, Req in Labor says Bachelors Degree or equivalent + 2 years exp, And I have B.Sc(3yr) + PG Diplima in Engg (2 yr) + M.Tech.

M.Tech is evaluated as equivalent to Masters in USA. I am concerned if NSC will approve my case considering that I don't have a single Four years bachelors degree but I have a Masters Degree?

My evaluation says my BS+PG Dip as equv. to Bachelors in USA and M.Tech as EQUV. to Masters, Does yours evaluates similar way or is it good idea to evaluates Masters as Masters and nothing mentioned about Bachelors in the evaluation report, Who you used for evaluation?

- KGP

I guess now all I-140 application goes to NSC, This is what is posted on USCIS site, is that not thru? if its true then how there is a option for TSC?

Any body on this form whose case was Filled as EB3 with requirement in LABOR as Bachelors degree or equivalent and you have 3 years Bachelors degree and may be some other diplomas, and Masters Degree.

Please share your info if your case was approved based on the fact that you have Masters Degree equivalent of US masters degree and a Masters Degree holder can apply for a position which requires a Bachelors degree.

If a person can prove that he has a Masters degree equivalent to US Masters degree is that enough proof for NSC to accept that this person is well qualified for a position where MINIMUM requirement was just Bachelors Degree or equivalent or will NSC still going to ask that prove that you have FOUR yr Bachelors before your masters? Requirement does not says that you can't have higher qualification.

NOTE that NSC will approve a EB2 case with this qualification then why not EB3

Ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator: