Brother/Sister under age 21 with parents in under Family Green Card

dahbal

Hello Everybody,

My brother is US Citizen and he want to file for Green Card for my parents.Can my brother/sister under age 21 come USA with my parents under same green card?

What is procedure for applying for the green card for brothers/sisters who are under age 21 with parents under family green card?

Please provide me enough information if anyone or their relatives who are in US and applied for Family green card for parents and brothers/sisters.Any contact no or email address.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj

I can answer your questions in a short format

You can petition your parents concurrently. I-130, I-485 and associated other forms that are listed on www.uscis.gov under forms. Your parents will receive their GC in a few months because they are immediate relatives of USC.

You also have to file I-130 for each your under-age sibling, but unfortunately they cannot file I485 to adjust status through your parents. Their petition will be placed under FB4 category that will take around 10-12 years to be current.

Your parents can also file petition for your siblings under F2A after they receive their GC. If your sibling turn into 21 years old, their cases will change to F2B category. Your parent can upgrade their cases after they become USC in 5 years.

I would not explain why under-age children who cannot immigrate with their parents because it has been explained before. No one can change the laws but Congress.

If you are interested in calculating estimated wait time, you can use your siblings' priority date that will issue to them after I-130 filed against DOS visa bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2805.html

Bottom line is that your siblings have to wait at least 5 years or longer to immigrate to the U.S. based upon their visa category, age, marriage status, visa bulletin movement and their petitioner's status (LPR or Citizen).

Do not assume visa bulletin would move one month for one month. For most categories, it only move 1-3 weeks per month.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: