Bringing own child to US

Sri20

Registered Users (C)
I am a LPR my child was born in India and is Living there with his GrandParents.He is 11 MOnths old now.

What are the different ways I can bring him to US.

How long will it take for him to get his GreenCard. If I file for him right away.What is the process.

Please Help
Sri20

Originally posted by Sri20
I am a LPR my child was born in India and is Living there with his GrandParents.He is 11 MOnths old now.

What are the different ways I can bring him to US.

How long will it take for him to get his GreenCard. If I file for him right away.What is the process.

Please Help
Sri20

You can bring him into US antyime before he is 2 years old without going thru the visa petition process. Howeve this should be his FIRST visit to US, should have a passport and should be traveling with his mother or both parents. You will also need an official birth certificate for your child. Of course, you should have a Permanent resident card. The child does NOT require a VISA.
He becomes a LPR when he enters US.

Thank you for the information.

Myself,Mywife and child were issued immigrant visas in october 2002,I have received my Plastic card.
Mywife would be making POE on March 28th.

Unfotuantely due to job reasons we are unable to bring our child and therefore his immigration visa will become invaild after April 23rd.

Now,
As you said can we bring our child before he is 2years old, without going through Visa Petition process gain.

Kindly Request you to let me know your suggestions.