• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bringing kids to the DV immigrant visa interview

Reg1

Hello everybody, I was wondering whether it's necessary to bring (very young) dependents to the interview. I'm the principal DV applicant and I intend to eventually take my toddler to the US. However he's under two years old, and we aren't allowed to take any bag (kid-supplies, etc.) to the embassy. I gathered on some DV forums that it's not required for kids younger than fourteen to be physically present at the interview. Is that really so, or is that only by exception? Does anyone have experience or further knowledge on this? Thanks.

You'll need to check with the consulate you are interviewing at. I've heard some don't require children. Sydney (where I interviewed) does require all applicants to be at the interview.

You'll need to check with the consulate you are interviewing at. I've heard some don't require children. Sydney (where I interviewed) does require all applicants to be at the interview.
Allright. I was reading about a person who'd gone to Amsterdam and had five kids, but only had to take the ones over 14. I too chose AMS, but their website didn't specifically mention anything. I'll ask them directly if and whenever I get scheduled then. Thanks.

Most consulates require all derivatives who want visas to be present, even babies, but there are a couple who don't require under 14s. When you get your interview letter it will list who is required to attend.

Most consulates require all derivatives who want visas to be present, even babies, but there are a couple who don't require under 14s. When you get your interview letter it will list who is required to attend.
Thanks, I'll look out for it.