Breaking news

counting 6 years

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the 6 years duration.
Is it counted from the date of stamping (or)
Is it counted from the date of landing in U.S.?

Its beacuse I had my stamping on Nov21st, 1997, but arrived in U.S. on Jan 12th, 1998. I appreciate if anyone can clear my doubt so that I can apply for my greencard based on these dates so it'll be 365 days before my 6yrs expire.

Thankyou.

All

Updated 11/02/2002: President Signed Today DOJ Authorization Bill

H-1B extension eligibility beyond the 6-year limit who spent 365 days or more since filing labor certification application or employment-based immigrant petition. For the labor certification cases, there is no requirement that I-140 has been filed or approved.

Congratulations to all the H-1Bs.

approved labor vs pending labor

"This provision allows for extensions of H1B status beyond the standard six-year limitation if the person is the beneficiary of a labor certification, which has been filed and pending for one year or longer"

I have an approved labor which was filed more than 365 days before. But i am not going to file for I 140 with it ...can i still file for H1 B extension using it. The law says ...only for pending labor ... Can an approved labor also be considered a pending labor?

can the guru's comment on this please.

thank you.

hi guys this is true .. a new law has been passed and can extend our H1 b for over 6 yrs if your GC is bending. i read it in msn.co.in ..it is todays news just go login msn.co.in