Breaking news

uvwxyz

Registered Users (C)
Congress just past a bill that H1B visa can be extended beyond a period of 6 years if your labor certification is pending over a year. This bill has to be passed by senate and then signed by President so that it becomes law. It will happen in next 2 weeks. This is a confirmed news by my attorney
Best of luck everybody

Never even heard about this new rule...This just can't happen in days, must have been in talks for a while...OR May be its just happening is days....Has anyone heard about this..

Breaking news??

I haven't heard anything like that being in the works, either - sounds too good to be true !

Hi uvwxyz,
Sounds really nice ...if it's true...!!

Is there any website that states this yet?...

How come your lawyer knows that no one else does?

Not trying to pick on you...just finding it difficult to digest..but all said and done..if TRUE is really KEWL..!!!

Keep posting

This is true

Actually I myself was trying to find whether this information is on any website but no luck. My company's law firm a very reputed one actually disclosed this to us. Its not even on their website so the news is yet to spread....

Originally posted by rmandal
Hi uvwxyz,
Sounds really nice ...if it's true...!!

Is there any website that states this yet?...

How come your lawyer knows that no one else does?

Not trying to pick on you...just finding it difficult to digest..but all said and done..if TRUE is really KEWL..!!!

Keep posting

Hi Folks,

Here is the regulation (perhaps), which we are talking about:

http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/congress_news/2000,0926-H1Bvisa.shtm

Please go through SEC. 7 of document. This is yearly sort of permission which is asked in September end for next one year.

This is available even now and DOL can still provide you with extensions.

The bottleneck is that LC is company specific AND job specific application, so its beneficiary is company. Lawyer needs some good work on his/her part to get you through in such situations.

It is my understanding of the topic - if I am off the mark - feel free to correct me.

I would appreciate if there is some other regulation coming up, cause one of my friend badly needs helps (Stuck in NJ SESA.)

This means nothing. Senate (which is normally more conservative) can reject it (or postphone for unknown time) and even if Senate passes it, futher President can veto.

H-1b extension

:)

Hi Everybody ,
I dont agree with Hexamon, I believe Senate is more liberal on these issues which is democrat controlled at this time,As it has already cleared the House overwhelminglywhich is republican controlled, I believe it should not be any problem anymore.

Democrat are very liberal on the immigration issues compared to republicans.
One thing has been very interesting about this amendment, Rep Lamar Smith is the sponsorer of this amendment &I believe he has always been considered anti-immigration.

Thanks

I agree too

I agree too. all the web sites seem to be positive. http://shusterman.com to is positive about it too, he says it is expected to be signed by senate this week. I will be one of them who will be saved is this should happen, hope for the best.

Thanks,
Sreddy

I agree

Iam also in the same situation as most of them are. My Labor was applied in feb 2002 and my H1 is expiring March 2003. My lawyer who initiated all this is very much positive about President signing the law. If this happens... MaaN Iam geratly saved... I was really scared and couldn't plan for anything.. this will allow me to give some breathing time... Hope eveything will go on smooth and help thousands of H1B like me....:)

Update

hello everyone....

I just watched c-span2 for the senate proceedings, the bill is on the floor(don't take it literally). I heard couple of senators talk about it everyone supported the bill. THey are scheduled to resume discussion tomorrow @11:30 am E.S.T. I will try and watch it, if anyone of you watches it keep everyone else posted.

hopefully light at the end of the tunnel and not a train coming at us.

regards,
Sreddy227.

update

everyone like me....

the senate had a cloture vote on this bill, it passed with 93 to 5. a final vote is expected today. lets hope for the best.

Reddy,

I will keep watching this !!!! Infact I don't know of where to look at and I was waiting for ur reply!!!! Well It will give me a great releif and that will leave me to think for the future and not leave the country!!!

Thanks

and Good Luck

Done!!!

I just talked to Senate Office . They told me that
HR2215 is passed by voice vote. So now waiting for Prez. signature !!!!!!!