Breaking News - Now we know why there is huge backlog...

thecrown007

Registered Users (C)
BREAKING NEWS - 9/25/03

IMMIGRATION OFFICER ACCUSED OF RAPING DETAINEE
TheHometownChannel.com, 9/24/03
http://www.thehometownchannel.com/news/2509667/detail.html

SPRINGDALE, Ark. -- An agent for the Bureau of Citizenship and
Immigration
Services, formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service,
was
arrested this week on allegations that he took an immigrant woman to a
motel and raped her.

The alleged victim, a 21-year-old Turkish national, is in federal
custody,
authorities said. Police said she was arrested on felony charges and
has
been housed in the Washington County Jail while going through the
deportation process.

The immigration transportation officer, Curtis Hall, is based out of
Nashville, Tenn., but for the past several weeks has been assigned to
temporary duty in northwest Arkansas.

On Tuesday, police said Hall was scheduled to take the woman to a local
doctor's visit. On the way back to the jail, the woman told Springdale
police officers that he stopped by the motel he is staying in and
forced
her to have sex.

Initially, Hall completely denied taking the woman to his motel room,
police said. But he finally admitted to having a sexual relationship
with
the woman, authorities said.

Hall is being held on a charge of rape. Federal officials could not be
reached concerning Hall's status as an immigration officer.

It happens everywhere dont it?

Not just in Tamil Nadu!

what do they mean by "Federal officials could not be
reached concerning Hall's status as an immigration officer"?

He is a friggin criminal!

media

And yet we are always reminded about the other story: some illegal alien raping some US citizen.

Isn't it possible that the illegal alien had consensual sex with the immigration officer and then charged him with raping her to improve her situation and not have to leave the country?

Don't jump on somebody just because that is what it looks like?

Take it easy.

Originally posted by thecrown007
BREAKING NEWS - 9/25/03

IMMIGRATION OFFICER ACCUSED OF RAPING DETAINEE
TheHometownChannel.com, 9/24/03
http://www.thehometownchannel.com/news/2509667/detail.html

SPRINGDALE, Ark. -- An agent for the Bureau of Citizenship and
Immigration
Services, formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service,
was
arrested this week on allegations that he took an immigrant woman to a
motel and raped her.

The alleged victim, a 21-year-old Turkish national, is in federal
custody,
authorities said. Police said she was arrested on felony charges and
has
been housed in the Washington County Jail while going through the
deportation process.

The immigration transportation officer, Curtis Hall, is based out of
Nashville, Tenn., but for the past several weeks has been assigned to
temporary duty in northwest Arkansas.

On Tuesday, police said Hall was scheduled to take the woman to a local
doctor's visit. On the way back to the jail, the woman told Springdale
police officers that he stopped by the motel he is staying in and
forced
her to have sex.

Initially, Hall completely denied taking the woman to his motel room,
police said. But he finally admitted to having a sexual relationship
with
the woman, authorities said.

Hall is being held on a charge of rape. Federal officials could not be
reached concerning Hall's status as an immigration officer.

Well it certainly is a good heading for the thread to catch attention but frankly I dont see backlog and raping are connected anywhere as otherwise implied

Re: Re: Breaking News - Now we know why there is huge backlog...

Originally posted by Fearless
Isn't it possible that the illegal alien had consensual sex with the immigration officer and then charged him with raping her to improve her situation and not have to leave the country?

Don't jump on somebody just because that is what it looks like?

Take it easy.

Even if the case is like you descibe, the Federal employee is at fault. There is as a minimum a code of conduct for Federal employees and this was violated one way or the other. A similar case is with prison guards and inmates...

Re: Re: Re: Breaking News - Now we know why there is huge backlog...

Cinta is absolutely right. Even Fearless's hypothesis is true this scum officer is still guilty.

Originally posted by cinta
Even if the case is like you descibe, the Federal employee is at fault. There is as a minimum a code of conduct for Federal employees and this was violated one way or the other. A similar case is with prison guards and inmates...

patiencegc..its unwarranted...

to comment about India (in a bad, sarcastic note), while talking about a possible crime.

If you could, please rephrase your reply without the remarks about Tamil Nadu.

Re: patiencegc..its unwarranted...

Originally posted by gc_lotto
to comment about India (in a bad, sarcastic note), while talking about a possible crime.

If you could, please rephrase your reply without the remarks about Tamil Nadu.

dude I am from TN! And it is highly warranted! There WAS a rape in a police station! I can prove it if you want. Its a well known fact! Its a very very shameful crime!

Re: Re: patiencegc..its unwarranted...

Rape cases occur all over the world and are shameful. What is the relevance of naming a state here. Please be sensitive to other people's feelings.

Does being from a state give one the right to criticize it, hurting others feelings.

Can one sue his parents for his looks!!!!

Originally posted by patienceGC
dude I am from TN! And it is highly warranted! There WAS a rape in a police station! I can prove it if you want. Its a well known fact! Its a very very shameful crime!

Re: Re: Re: Breaking News - Now we know why there is huge backlog...

Well, everybody knows a rape charge is very different from a minimum code of conduct charge or whatever it is

so having consunsual sex with an illegal while being on official duty maybe different from raping the illegal on official duty.

Hope you are clear on that one!

Originally posted by cinta

..and my thought is..

patiencegc...i have read your english translations (for the benefit of this forum), when some freaky tamil members (with excitement or frustation) posted their content without translation...hence, I sensed you might be from TN. I really appreciate your efforts for this forum.

But, what I am coming to say is... why all of a sudden you want to make a reference to India, specifically TN, when there is a talk about crime. Then, someone can ask, doesn't it happen in other states of India, world, etc... Why TN?? Why??

I know such bad things have happened in the past in TN, and maybe in other parts of the globe. I just thought, it casts a sore picture about indian community in this forum all of a sudden.. thats all.. I am not questioning your claims and I am totally with you in denouncing such shameful beastly acts.

Hope you agree!

patienceGC , you suck big time!

Tamil Nadu is not the only place it happens. It happens all around the world.

GC

I didn’t think anyone would make a big deal out of my post. Actually I thought this might be familiar to TN people who are disgusted by the heinous crime! I mean rape in a POLICE STATION! In fact many Tamil movies make references to the case. If there is a horrible crime in India it doesn’t mean that we should never bring it up. If it hurt your feelings I am sorry. I am ashamed and least bit hurt. Just because it happened in one place in India it does not cast any a "sore picture" of the Indian community. I don’t know of any other state where such an incident has happened and that’s why I picked TN.

Sai : To answer your questions , I picked TN cuz I KNOW it happened there. Its not an allegation but the truth! If I knew of some other place, I would have added that too. And yes if you are from a (democratic) state you have EVERY right to criticize the state especially if what you say is true. I am not criticizing a rapist John Doe but friggin police officers who raped a woman in a Police station! If you dont have the right to criticize your govt, you shouldnt call yourself a democratic society!

Fearless, Thanks but I don’t really care much about your comments.

Re: GC

patienceGC, I see your point. However I believe in bringing a case where it matters(ex.. TN media, senior police officials, Human Right in India etc.)
This is not be the right forum for such criticisms, as people from all over the world browse such forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sai : To answer your questions , I picked TN cuz I KNOW it happened there. Its not an allegation but the truth! If I knew of some other place, I would have added that too. And yes if you are from a (democratic) state you have EVERY right to criticize the state especially if what you say is true. I am not criticizing a rapist John Doe but friggin police officers who raped a woman in a Police station! If you dont have the right to criticize your govt, you shouldnt call yourself a democratic society!

Re: Re: GC

Originally posted by sai-2367
This is not be the right forum for such criticisms, as people from all over the world browse such forums.

But we can talk about USA? The very country we are all living in??
:confused:

Re: Re: Re: GC

we were all critical about various diferent cases in our state when we lived there. Weren't we.
We discuss USA cases since we all live here and share common interests.

But we can talk about USA? The very country we are all living in??
:confused: