Breaking News, Dec Visa Bulletin Released

Thanks for posting that, Prince. I'm reproducing my post from the Vermont forum.

The cutoff dates will not move linearly i.e., it won't be 1 month for every month or at a constant speed. These are estimates of some no-name clerk or bureaucrat in Washington DC. They are humans and will err.

For India,
EB2 has moved from Nov 99 to Jul 2000 in 2 months.
EB3 has moved from Jan 98 to Jan 99 in 2 months.
Both of these are because the bureaucrats in DC overestimated the waiting line (and screwed all of us). Now they realize there are not that many people with PDs in 98 or 99. So they moved it forward quick.

I predict that the dates will move forward rapidly for both EB2 and EB3 until they reach April 2001. Once the cutoff dates reach April 2001, it will stay there for a very, very long time. If your priority date is before April 2001, hang in there, it's not long. If you're after, it's bad news for you.

Pointless predictions ....

emailraja said:
Thanks for posting that, Prince. I'm reproducing my post from the Vermont forum.

The cutoff dates will not move linearly i.e., it won't be 1 month for every month or at a constant speed. These are estimates of some no-name clerk or bureaucrat in Washington DC. They are humans and will err.

For India,
EB2 has moved from Nov 99 to Jul 2000 in 2 months.
EB3 has moved from Jan 98 to Jan 99 in 2 months.
Both of these are because the bureaucrats in DC overestimated the waiting line (and screwed all of us). Now they realize there are not that many people with PDs in 98 or 99. So they moved it forward quick.

I predict that the dates will move forward rapidly for both EB2 and EB3 until they reach April 2001. Once the cutoff dates reach April 2001, it will stay there for a very, very long time. If your priority date is before April 2001, hang in there, it's not long. If you're after, it's bad news for you.

emailraja,

A lot of what you say makes sense but no one really knows whats in store. There are a lot of doomsday scenarios for April 2001 but whats the point of worrying about that right now. Our priority at this point should be to support immigration reform bills that will bring instant relief to a lot of people. Waiting around for some DC hack to move the dates beyond ones PD is not the best option at this point. We can speculate all we want .. no one really has a clue as to whats in store.

regards,

saras76

April 2001

dice12 said:
EmailRaja,

What is this April 2001... ????

Thanks,
dice12

Here is a posting from Murthy.com

As we have indicated, some dates moved forward substantially. Anticipating significant jumps to be routine in the future for all categories, however, may be too optimistic. As long-time readers of MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin will recall, many cases were filed between January 2001 and April 2001, to meet the INA 245(i) deadline for persons who otherwise would not have been eligible to adjust status to permanent residence. A great many cases were filed especially at the end of April 2001, in an effort to beat the deadline. Thus, forward movement may continue, but is likely to slow or stall around the April 2001 date. In the EB1 category, it is possible that the dates will continue to improve because the EB1 category has not retrogressed to a date prior to April 2001. In the EB2 and EB3 categories, however, they have. It is unsurprising, therefore, that while the India EB3 dates that were set at 1998 progressed a year, the dates for Mexico and the remainder of the world, which were close to April 2001, did not experience the same level of movement. While it is possible that the dates not yet close to April 2001 may experience major movement again, it is unlikely that the dates close to April 2001 will move ahead substantially in the months to come unless Congress and the President enact a law to increase the number of green cards available in the employment-based categories.

dice12 said:
EmailRaja,

What is this April 2001... ????

Thanks,
dice12

April 2001 possibly the worst period for majority of people in US. As far as my memory goes here is the list of events happened during and after April 2001.
1. A Historic Stock Market falls. Hundreds of dot com companies filed bankruptcy and several people like us burned their figures in Stock Market.
2. Massive Lay off
3. Real Estate also took sharp dip
4. B2B used to known as Back to Bombay/Bangalore
5. DOL stated taking years to issue labor certifications before that it used to take days or at most weeks.
6. 245(i) Amendment allowed several aliens who were out of status, entered the U.S. illegally, or violated the terms of their non-immigrant visa to apply for adjustment of status. There was a huge rush to apply that time. I guess that is what your concern is right now.

SUPPORT reforms to remove EB VISA Retrogression:

U can send a FAX to ur senators and cong'men from www.isnamerica.org..
Please join that website and send faxes...

House BIll HR 4241 (which alleviates EB Retrogression) will be heard in house some time this week...lets send faxes guys...go on!!!

Thanks for the reply. Does India and china have their own GC quota every year? If so how the illegal aliens applying to 485 in april 2001 affect those countries.

Nope, India and China don't have thier own categories or buckets of visas. man, this is bad news, I am disheartned to hear that PD will get stuck for long time at April 2001. My PD is August 2002, I can't even F***g file.

Ananya123 said:
Thanks for the reply. Does India and china have their own GC quota every year? If so how the illegal aliens applying to 485 in april 2001 affect those countries.
For filing, there is no Quota for any country. This quota comes only when approval part comes. As long as your date is current you can file it. All categories were current from 2000 to 2004..