Break journey in Europe

kashur

Registered Users (C)
I am going to stop over in Europe for about a week on my way back. I believe it should not matter. Anyone know of any contradicting experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents

It may be safe if you take the visitor visa for the coutry you are planning to stay as airport staff maynot be familier to the documents given by the consulate after GC process and may cause inconvenience to you.

But you still need a visa ?....

For e.g. Countries like switzerland do not ask for a tourist visa if one has a US green card. So my question is that after the successful interview at the consulate, do we still need a visa.

In other words what ever stamping they do on the Passport and the envelope they give after interview, is that equivalent to having a US green card?

vsn

Re: But you still need a visa ?....

Originally posted by vsn(new)
For e.g. Countries like switzerland do not ask for a tourist visa if one has a US green card. So my question is that after the successful interview at the consulate, do we still need a visa.

In other words what ever stamping they do on the Passport and the envelope they give after interview, is that equivalent to having a US green card?

vsn

I agree with vijay that getting a visa would be better. Anyways, most of the countries need US passport to waive the visa requirement.

Re: But you still need a visa ?....

Originally posted by vsn(new)

vsn

No.. Like any visa, it only gives you permission to come up to the POE and ask for admission into the United States. Once let in, you get a US GC.