Bravo INS! Bravo TSC! God Bless America!

Champlee69

In these boards you hear and read a bunch of castigation for INS and particularly now for the Texas Service Center;occaisonally you read of some gratitude on approvals.
I would like to unhesitatingly commend INS and particularly for TSC with whom I have dealt quite a bit over the last four years, for their professional working. Any bureaucracy may have some instances and some officers which may brook criticism--but for such a large organization flooded with as many requests as they are, I have seen that cases are progressed in a definite manner with more or less the receipt dates, notice dates and approval dates in some order and synchronisation.
Also, IT MAY NOT APPEAR SO TO MANY, but genuine hardships and expedite requests are considered. I congratulate the INS for the humane manner in which human considerations are addressed.
Let me mention about an age out expedite case which in November raised a few eyebrows, cynicism and maybe some downright virulence. This was an EB-2 RIR case with priority date of 02/19/2001 where the I-140 petition was filed in June bur because of the frontlog in TSC at that time with mailroom problems the receipt date was July 24, 2001 with only seven months remaining for the son--a dervative beneficary--to lose permanent residency status if the entire process (I-140 and I-485) was not completed before end February 2002.
I was extremely worried as at this stage the I-140 approvals slowed down considerably, more RFEs were asked for, and in a completely seperate I-140 case in the same company financial evidence, etc. were asked for. Ultimately the I-140 was approved on 11/14/2001 as I reported here resulting in animated discussions. The approval was received by mail by the attorneys on November 20, 2001 and the I-485 AOS packets were fedexed the same day to TSC.
TSC received them on 21 November, issued the receipts on 28 November, the I-765 receipts on 29 November; no AP was applied for.
The EAD cards were received by mail on 14 December, 2001; the fingerprint notices dated 18 December were received on 26 December, the fingerprinting was done in Atlanta ASC on 29 December and today we received the I-485 approval for the principal beneficiary--approved on 25 January 2002. The INS has to be really commended and I am sure the approval notices of the derivative beneficiaries--wife and two sons--are in the mail and will be received tomorrow.
The whole green card process has taken about 11 months! So take heart--the INS and particularly TSC is not a monster and your approvals will come on good time!
Thanks to this board because of which we can share so much information and comfort or console ourselves. GOD BLESS!

You are the lottery winner. It is not necessary true that TSC is efficient.

If you win the lottery, go down to your basement and get drunk. The rest of us have too take care of our never-ending waiting for TSC processing and do not have time to appreciate your elaborating glamorous writing.

hi

I am happy for u
ur age out case really made my day
Hats off to TSC for doing a good job

Hope they improve in all directions

Have heard that all centres are improving

God Bless America

Age Out

Dear Gking,
I have seen in these boards that you are pretty well informed and hence wanted to advise you that the age out expedite is a pretty old provision--what you read after 9/11 was for those victims who could not file in time because of 9/11 and a special provision was made to accept later filing and still grant the benefits to aged out derivative or principal beneficiaries. There is yet another bill in the Senate regarding age out--as long as the filing is before the age out date and is approvable as on date of filing, beneficiaries will not age out.
Hope this clarifies; I am not a lawyer and thank all those who have expressed their good wishes!

Encouraging news

Congratulations! Your case was encouraging for me as I have an age out case, although mine is in CSC. We did FP in December, got EAD\'s Jan, AP in Nov and anxiously waiting for approvals. I shall be grey before this process is out, what with worrying about possible lay offs and age outs!

age out means one of the dependants is nearing 21 years of age

hence if approval is after dependant reaches 21 yrs old then the principal will be approved along with wife but any child above 21 years will be denied

and have to be processed as family based and will take 6-8 years
and will be illegal in the USA and would technically have to return to home country

so congress made special law for such special cases to be approved quickly and out of turn