BPC - "CASE CLOSURE NOTICE"

Good new,

So Austin_Hawk so finally case status changed from closed to pending. Can you post content of letter.

Austin_Hawk said:
Finally, recvd a Case Status letter from DBRC after persitant followup!

Requested (repeatedly) for a written confirmation fr the BPC saying they should atleast give us a Case Status update if not a Letter of Reinstatement especially coz we will need it for H1 renewal etc.

cala said:
Could you post what you/lawyer did for that?

What if we send email to BPC checking the current status of the case, just like we did for the 45-days letter. The reply email from BPC will state the case status, I guess. Is this the same or simliar confirmation as what you got?

When DBRC verbally assured that the case was in Que and did not send us Letter of Reinstatement we requested for a case status update, that way we were assured my case is in the que and not closed. The Attorney was in touch with someone fr DBRC.

The DBRC letter mentions:
Application is currently pending for _____,
PD date_________, and is being processed in DBRC.

Someone else on the portal has recvd a email confirmation fr DBRC:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=168758

cala said:
What if we send email to BPC checking the current status of the case, just like we did for the 45-days letter. The reply email from BPC will state the case status, I guess. Is this the same or simliar confirmation as what you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
rspr, did you get any update on your case?

Originally Posted by rspr
Hello,

I would really appreciate your inputs on this. My lawyer (or DOL) really screwed me up. Sorry for the long text.

Background:
My company A got acquired by another company B. As part of the transition, my GC also got transferred to the new lawyer. Our new lawyer(B) filed address change with DOL. However, BEC sent my 45 day letter to my old lawyer(A). old lawyer(A) forwarded the 45 day letter to me and I forwarded that to new lawyer(B). New lawyer(B) responded to the letter as YES (atleast that is what lawyer says).

Present:
Today we received a letter under the name of company A (in CC), stating, "DOL is withdrawing the case per your request". I called on the new lawyer(B) and she says the following...
Old Lawyer(A) responded to BEC stating they are 'not representing my case any more' and New lawyer(B) responded 'YES'. DOL misunderstood the old lawyer(A) letter as withdrawal and sent you the notice. You don't worry, as we have all the paper work proof of sending YES to 45 day letter. I am actively following up and talked with few guys at the BEC.

Did any one face this situation before. I really need some advice. I am already on 7th year extension and this puts me in jeopardy.

Any advice?

Thanks

Update on my case

This is what lawyer said today

Thank you for your email and we have some good news for you. After we spoke with the Officer at the Philadelphia BPC last week, we sent a follow up letter to him on April 28, 2005. He called our office today and spoke with Attorney and indicated that he would be looking into having your case reopened. He stated to our office to follow up with him in 60 days if we have not heard from him by that time.

I got similiar situation back to early March. Then my lawyer sent a lot of requests for case reopening and finally they just had a chance to talk to the officer at Philadelphia BRC. Basically what they said was the case had been forwarded (late May)to National DOL office in DC to 'reset' the case in the system. The officier indiciate that the National DOL will re-issue a 45-day letter. However, they did not mention when i will 're-get' the 45-day letter.

Hope this help

cala said:
rspr, did you get any update on your case?

Originally Posted by rspr
Hello,

I would really appreciate your inputs on this. My lawyer (or DOL) really screwed me up. Sorry for the long text.

Background:
My company A got acquired by another company B. As part of the transition, my GC also got transferred to the new lawyer. Our new lawyer(B) filed address change with DOL. However, BEC sent my 45 day letter to my old lawyer(A). old lawyer(A) forwarded the 45 day letter to me and I forwarded that to new lawyer(B). New lawyer(B) responded to the letter as YES (atleast that is what lawyer says).

Present:
Today we received a letter under the name of company A (in CC), stating, "DOL is withdrawing the case per your request". I called on the new lawyer(B) and she says the following...
Old Lawyer(A) responded to BEC stating they are 'not representing my case any more' and New lawyer(B) responded 'YES'. DOL misunderstood the old lawyer(A) letter as withdrawal and sent you the notice. You don't worry, as we have all the paper work proof of sending YES to 45 day letter. I am actively following up and talked with few guys at the BEC.

Did any one face this situation before. I really need some advice. I am already on 7th year extension and this puts me in jeopardy.

Any advice?

Thanks
:) :)