boxerbhai gets approved -

boxerbhai

Banned
Finally...yeah...finally got our approval letters on Friday 26th Nov from USCIS through Certified mail.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help and support.

Our cases was transferred to the Chicago local office coz I got married after filing my I-485 and then added my spouse's application. Our interview was done on Nov 3rd 2004, but our passports were not stamped as the Immigration Officer wanted to see if all our background checks were done. We got our approvals within 25 days.

Here are our case details -

Mine -
PD - May 2001
I-485 RD - Aug 14th 2002
I-485 Transfer date to the local office - July 15th 2004
Interview Date - Nov 3rd 2004
Approval Date - Nov 22nd 2004

Spouse -

I-485 RD - Feb 2003
I-485 Transfer date to the local office - July 15th 2004
Interview Date - Nov 3rd 2004
Approve Date - Nov 22nd 2004

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Boxerbhai,

Did your case transfered because your spouse case was filed after you? Can you tell me the list of documents they asked when they called you for interview. My case is similiar and I anticipating interview so tyring to be prepared....

Boxerbhai,
congratulations.

Enjoy ur freedom.I am sending today about my rfe (B.C.and Tax Return).
Hopefully i will get soon.
May be christmas Gift from santa !!!!!! :) :cool:

JR1 - My case got transferred coz I got married after I filed for my I-485 and then added my spouse in the application.

The immigration officer asked me the following during the interview -

1) Original marriage certificate.
2) Original birth certificate for me and my wife.
3) My employer paycheck
4) My employment verification letter
6) Proof of marriage and living together - I showed the following documents -
(a) Joint home mortgage documents.
(b) Joint credit card statements
(c) Joint names of bank statements
(d) Income tax filing returns for the past three years with W2 (I had filed for married and joint filing). Make sure you have copies for yourself too
(e) Utility bills if they have joint names.
(f) Life insurance document where the other spouse is the primary beneficiary - I had employer sponsored life insurance, So i asked them a letter which stated my wife as the beneficiary and her address which is the same as mine.
(g) Proof of medical insurance if the spouse is also a dependent.
(f) 401K investment where the wife is the primary beneficiary
(g) Marriage invitation card - Yes, the IO did ask for this and read it properly and confirmed the dates.
(h) Marriage photo album - Yes, the IO did scan through the ablum and asked 2 questions (one for me and one for my wife) out of the blue like who is this in the picture.

You would also need to carry your drivers liscense, EAD and AP's if you have any.

Besides this there are few routine questions from a form that is filled while filing I-485 ( I forgot the name) ...eg like your fathers name, date of marriage, have you lived illegally in US, have you registered to vote etc etc.

Hope this helps.... The only glitch is if the Name check is not done. I would advice everyone to email fbi and find the status of their name check.

Thanks,

Thanks All,

Taruwish - Hopefully everything works out for you. Also make sure your Name checks are complete through FBI as it could turn out to be another painful wait.

Got the cards yesterday before passport stamping...

Me and my spouse received our plastic cards yesterday.... that was quick.
During the interview the IO had already taken our photographs and fingerprints.

We have got the cards before we could get the Passports stamped...(Stamping appointment is scheduled next week)

Gurus - Do you think we still need to get our passports stamped ?

Please advice..

Thanks,