both wife and me current. How many I-485s to apply?

gc_chahiye123

Registered Users (C)
If persons A and B are both current (with different I-140s and different PDs but in the same category) can we apply for two I-485s:

- one with A as primary and B as secondary applicant

- other with B as primary and A as secondary applicant

one of us might quit his/her job before the I-485 comes through, and we are thinking it might help to have two applications in place (& withdraw one if one of us decides to quit)

I also have the same situation, if any one had came across this type of situation please advise.

Thanks

same here

For June Bulletin I became current (EB2 PD 1st Oct 2003) , so applied for
I-485 and added my wife as derivative (Spouse) on June 5th and got the receipt for both of us . Now for July bulletin she is current (EB3 PD 3rd April 2006) . Not sure what to do . Any ideas/suggestion welcome .

Thanks

Should not apply again

For June Bulletin I became current (EB2 PD 1st Oct 2003) , so applied for
I-485 and added my wife as derivative (Spouse) on June 5th and got the receipt for both of us . Now for July bulletin she is current (EB3 PD 3rd April 2006) . Not sure what to do . Any ideas/suggestion welcome .

Thanks

Hi,

Clarified with my lawyer and s/he said since my wife already applied for her I-485 along with me as spouse , she shouldn't apply again . Hope this answer helps .

Thanks

Both me and my wife work for major US companies that deal with major law firms. Both the firms were consistent that having two 485s could lead to complications and potential denial. USCIS eventually cross reference such cases which their system cannot handle. If not denial , such cases usually take much longer time than usual.