Both spouse and myself have approved I140s- what options we have?

sg_rg

Registered Users (C)
Both spouse and myself have approved I140 on separate petitions. What are our options?

Does INS allow filing of two separate I-485 (AOS) applications such that in one application I am primary and spouse is derivative, and in the second my spouse is primary and I have derivative status?

Any suggestions/views will be appreciated. Thanks.

Same boat

My wife and I were in your shoes a month back. My wife is going for 485 with me as a spouse and I am going for Consular Processing with my wife as the spouse. I don\'t know how doing 2 485s at the same time will result in.

Jim can you please clarify us ......

I have some question in my mind, Is it possible to apply 2 AOS at same service center?

okay to do CP & AOS on two separate cases?

Mainer-

I assume it is okay to do what you are doing. Otherwise, you probably wouldn\'t be jeopardizing your chances. Do you have a lawyer who suggested this strategy or is it your own game plan?

I hope we get some more input/feedback for other knowledgeable or experienced folks on this board about this matter.

sg_rg

You cant have two I-485\'s

Lot of discussion on this board some time back. I was in similar case. Both my attorney and her attorney advised against filing two AOS. reason given - INS has the discretion to abandon any one of the two. Does not matter id both are filed at same time, but if filed a bit later, INS can abandon the first..

Check with your attorney.