Boston Transfer cases

rbm1

To All Boston transfer cases:

Can we start to build a list for boston transfer cases? or Can you post your info here just for reference?

My info: PD 11/98, ND 12/99, TD 08/01

Any similar situation?

Possible Reasons for Boston Transfer

While most of the cases gets cleared at VSC itself, I was
wondering what determines the criteria for transfer to local INS.
I would be helpful if you could provide further details on your
case like (a) Any Medical problems for self or dependent ??
(b) Is yours a family case or individual case ??
Did you talk to an IIO for reasons ???

My case details
EB2 PD 03/2000 RD 05/2001 ND NOT KNOWN

No reason

I talked to IIO about it one day. She said it was a standard interview. I complained my case had been in Vermont so long time and why to transfer it. She said every case has a chance to be picked up for interview. Transfer didn\'t need reason. It could be lucky.

No Title

BRM, I think you are unluckly. You may want to talk to Boston INS and request for an early interview date. Going by the past records, it looks like Boston INS is one of the worst centers when it comes to 485 interviews. If it continues this way, for no reason, a person referred to Boston INS will get the approval one year later than the others.
Thanks for sharing your info.

EB2 PD 03/00 RD 05/01 ND NOT KNOWN

You are correct!

Steve,

You are absolutely correct. This is what I worry about. I have a really bad luck with this green card and it seems continue to be that way. Any way, looks no other transfers except me!

Anyway, thanks for replying my message.

No Title

BRM,

I think that transfer to Boston Office is for a reason. Please think of treasons why your case could be transferred and be prepared

Probably right but what

As my lawyer said, nobody can predict what INS will do. He is a very experienced lawyer. The reason for INS is kind operation in black box.I am too tired to guess.

brm, any more news? please keep us updated. how long boston office takes to schedule interview?

No interview date has been given

After 2 weeks, the tranfer files enter the Boston local system, but no interview date has been schduled. They asked me to wait notice. I ask how long it will be normally. They won\'t answer the question directly. When the date is available, they will schedule.

Lawyer should call Boston INS

AFter a month has elapsed, ask your lawyer to call Boston INS and wnquire about the case. The lawyers have a special number that they can call.

That will speed up your application

Thanks. I will do that next week.

I will call my lawyer next week to see if he has some ways to schedule an interview. But from the conversation between my lawyer and me before, he said it would not make any difference if he called or not.

Hope it will make difference.

BRM

I am on the same boat like you

My case was transferred after 13 months at VSC.
RD 09/05/00
ND 09/29/00
TD to Boston 09/14/01

I called today to the Boston INS but the lady who I talked to was very uncooperative and she did not say any thing about any general time frame. She suggested my attorney should call to obtain information. But I think my attorney will not call anyway.

I am in a great anxiety, I am frustrated.

I don\'t what to do, what to say.

Try this link to see processsing time for Boston INS, http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/na

I think some thing is wrong because I already spent about 13 months.

Boston Transfer

My case was also transferred to Boston on 09/12/01. PD 01/98, ND 08/23/00, TD 09/12/01 EB2. Very very frustrating.

I am very very frustrated too!

I called my lawyer today to see if he can do something about my case transfer, it looks like we are just in the bad luck boat. My lawyer said basically we just wait until INS Boston send us an interview notice. Who knows when it will happen and who knows what time they will schedule? I heard many people said Boston is the worst center to schedule an interview time. Any one has any info? We need to contact each other and let each other know what is going on. If I hear anything I definitely will let you know.

BRM

Is there any body here had the experience of interview at Boston INS???

Please share your exp. and details.