Boston Transfer Cases please post your details here

Dada Babu

Registered Users (C)
Is there anybody here has experience with transfer of his/her case to Boston INS? so far I have seen only "BRM" and myself in this category. My case was tranferred to Boston from VSC on 09/14/2001 for interview. Is there anybody here by any chance who has any useful info regarding time it might take? or has known cases (through friends)who had the same situation?

Please respond.

Just came back from INS boston

I just came back from INS boston. I was very upset after I talked to the officer. I talked to two people. First was a woman and she told me I could wait for years before I got interview. Then I want to talk to another person and a man came. He looked at my file from computer and he told me he didn\'t know how long I could wait, better wait at home. They will notify me when they have the interview date for me but he doesn\'t know when it will happen. That means I could wait forever. No body knows.

Anybody has any information?

BRM

you should contact senator

This is ridiculous. They take years in service center and transfer it
to local office. local office does know when they want to call. I think we should collectively do something about this . like writing
to senators and congressmen in Boston area.

My attorney told me that it could take six months max

I am not sure why the Boston INS is giving you that kind of information. But if you check under processing time in the Local offices you will see that for I-485 they take 183 days in Boston. you can check that from immigration.com or shusterman.com. Also that time is applicable when you file I-485 in Boston office directly (e.g. family based case), I am not sure whether they are considering our case same as those. Our case should be very different and should be handled separately. Do not you think so???

Let us contact our respective senators!!!

That is probably situation before 9/11

I went to there August to check if they received my files. That time I asked when I should come back to check if I haven\'t hear anything. They told me I should check after 90 days. Yesterday they told me it was not worth to come back to check. It could be years.

Why the processing time will change???

What makes you feel that it will change so significantly? Did they tell you any valid reason for that? talked to your attorney, tell him to find out the fact.

I am very frustrated by the attitude of the INS.

No Title

My lawyer says about 3 months to schedule interview date, actual interview date might be six months later. Who knows? This is all guess work.

Question

In such cases of transfer and such long wait times at the local INS - what happens to the EAD and the AP. Are they still valid and do they renew them.

Got interview date

My lawyer called me a few minutes ago regarding interview notice. He said the interview date was set on April 8, 2002. But at that time, both my finger print and medical exam will be expired. I don\'t know how to deal these things. Any ideas?

Hi BRM Please respond

Did you get a copy of the interview notice from INS directly or just you attorney received it? I am still waiting.

I was out of office last week

Dada Babu,

I was out of office last week and didn\'t check this site at all. So I did not see your posts until today.

I received letter from INS boston. But my lawyer got a copy as well. I am very upset when I see the date was six months away but it is better than the INS told me that I could wait for years.

Anyway, let me know if you have questions.

BRM

HI BRM!!!

Could you please tell me what are the things (e.g. photo, W-2 etc) the INS want you to take with you on the day of interview???

I am still waiting, very upset????

Hi DadaBabu

The letter really didn\'t say anything special. It is a very standard letter and say bring everything original, I-94, passport and employee letter.

I think you will get your letter soon. Don\'t worry. But be prepare to wait another six months. This really makes me sick.

BRM

Is there any body new here???

Please post your details here, if your case has been transferred to Boston INS.

Any update???

I still waiting to hear from Boston INS.

TD 09/14/2001

Please post if any body has any new info to share with.