BOSTON transfer APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ss48079

Registered Users (C)
BOSTON transfer APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello

My 485 was approved today after an interview. The INS officer put tyhe I551 in my passport.

Will the AVM system in VSC change also?

Many Thanks to all those who reponded to my postings.

Sharad

Congratulations...could u provide more info

Congratulations on your approval...wish you the best!

Could u provide what questions were asked in the interview?
What documents did you take?
And what documents did the officer look at?

Thanks.

No Title

He looked at the following documents
Pay stub
Employment letter
Birth Certificates
marriage certificate
insurance card
EAD card
I94
advance parole

Asked me about my job and employer and education
Asked my wife about her job and education
Asked us about our marriage

Irt lasted for almost one Hour

Thanks ss48079...couple more Q\'s

Did u receive any documents from INS which said to bring these documents for interview? How did you know what documents to get?

And you mentioned - insurance card. Is it health insurance card?

Thanks and good luck!

More details

The INS letter was very generic. It asked me to bring all original documents.

I took the insurance paper as Proof of marriage (amon other things). It showed that my wife was a dependent.

Officer also had questions about the medical exam.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be ahppy to answer them. I plan to remain on this board for a few days.

Thanks
Sharad

One more question...

Appreicate all your earlier replies. Did INS stamp your passport the same day of the interview or do they schedule it another day?

Thanks and best of luck to you!

Could you answer this?

Why your case is transferred to Boston? In which case application will be transferred to local INS?

No Title

I am not sure why my case was transferred. I can only speculate. My company changed its name as it has moved to a new "market". Perhaps that was the reason.

he was verifying that I was doing the same job as before (which I am) and that I was being paid what was in the LC (which I am)
Thanks

Boston Transfer

My case was transferred as well to make me feel like I need to wait another three years.

Could you tell me when did you get your notice from INS boston? I heard most cases would schedule a year later. Yours only four months, any faster way or we just need to go INS boston very often?

My case was transferred 08/07/01, I went to INS today. The clerk said I need to go back to check after six weeks. How long did you wait?

Thanks for any help.

My PD 11/98, ND 12/99, TD 08/07/01
BRM