Boston: Stamping Experience

jericho02

Registered Users (C)
AD: AUG 16 2002
Passport Stamped : SEP 3 2002

Reached INS office at 7:40 AM. Stood in the line and when I reached the counter only then came to know that I need to get I-89 form from another booth. Came out, got the form and stood in the line again. When I got the ticket the printed wait time on it was 4hrs 25mins. Replacement Counter( 4 Different counters for different types of applications) was not even open. It opened after about 45mins wait. But then things moved fast and I got my passport stamped by 9:45 AM. (My wife too got her passport stamped along with me)

So guys whoever is going to BOSTON INS for stamping and wants to save time, get the I-89 form from the "IMMIGRATION FORMS" booth first and then stand in the queue for ticket.

Once again I take this opportunity to Thank you all for your support and wishes. My Best wishes for all of you.

Will be around to answer any questions I can.

-jericho02

Please let us know what are the documents needed for stamping

I assume:

1. Approval Letter from VSC
2. EAD/AP
3. two photos
And what else?

Thanks in advance,
priya
Receipt date 01/10/01

priyadev: Documents Needed

The documents that I took are

Passport
Approval Notice
2 ADIT style Photo's
AP
EAD

He did not even bother to ask EAD and AP.
Did not ask us the marriage certificate while stamping my wife's passport.

For some people they were checking marriage certificate.
(May be their case was family based dont know.)

If you are married then probably you might want to take the marriage certificate if both you and your spouse are going together for stamping.

-jericho02

Congrats!!!

We are also waiting for approval...Does the photos are similar style which we have submitted during I485 application...or they are going to take our photos in INS office only...similar to driving license...

Thanks

CamSreeni: ADIT Stlye Photographs

These are ADIT Style immigration photographs, yes same as the ones we submitted along with our I-485 (facing sidewards - little to our left) and NOT like Drivers license.

You can take pictures of you inside the Boston INS office for $$.

-jericho02

You should have read my post on Boston Stamping

It might have saved you some time. But I guess it is difficult to get to posts which have no new posts for a few days. In Boston you can get the Pics on site. They have to be taken in the last 30 days